Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Making my blazer a ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

i've seen some guys that have put in zr2 suspension parts in there regular 4dr blazer. i know one guy on here did a write up on putting in zr2 t-bars. wondering what other zr2 parts will work with the 2nd gen "regular" blazers

does anyone know if rear zr2 leaf springs would fit and if its worth it

Last edited by rriddle3; 01-11-2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 01-10-2010, 11:05 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

i do believe that the springs are no different other than where they mount on a ZR2.

from a zr2 you can scavange torsion bars, skid plates, fender flares, torsion keys, wheels, tires, all BODY parts, all INTERIOR parts, BOTH set of gears (not one, you have to take both), the entire rear end (but not components), the drive line (if you're a 2 dr), all ENGINE parts, the TC/Transmission (assuming you're an AT), exhaust (again 2 dr), other stuff as well...

Basically the ZR2 is a standard 2dr with a different frame and suspension. <-- in a nutshell...

see this thread... and this one to answer a few questions

Old 01-10-2010, 11:51 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

If you want a ZR2, get one. Otherwise, put a 5" or 6" lift on yours and call it good.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ABN31B
i do believe that the springs are no different other than where they mount on a ZR2.

from a zr2 you can scavange torsion bars, skid plates, fender flares, torsion keys, wheels, tires, all BODY parts, all INTERIOR parts, BOTH set of gears (not one, you have to take both), the entire rear end (but not components), the drive line (if you're a 2 dr), all ENGINE parts, the TC/Transmission (assuming you're an AT), exhaust (again 2 dr), other stuff as well...

Basically the ZR2 is a standard 2dr with a different frame and suspension. <-- in a nutshell...

do you think those leaf springs would give any more lift in the back. cause zr2 look like they sit alot higher then a standard 4dr. might just be the way they look to me

Old 01-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AJBert
If you want a ZR2, get one. Otherwise, put a 5" or 6" lift on yours and call it good.
stuck with the one i got for now. but its in the plans to get one

Old 01-11-2010, 06:56 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

ajbert is right the zr2 has diffrent frame mounts for the front and rear suspension so you are better off getting a 5 or 6 in lift becuse you will still be doing less work than if you were to try and make a zr2.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by pj5454302
ajbert is right the zr2 has diffrent frame mounts for the front and rear suspension so you are better off getting a 5 or 6 in lift becuse you will still be doing less work than if you were to try and make a zr2.
alright so it sounds like the t-bar is pretty much the only bolt on suspension part that will fit then.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ABN31B

so do the zr2 come stock with torsion keys

Old 01-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Beginning Member
lovemy01ZR2 is on a distinguished road

Yes, the ZR2 does come stock with Torsion bars but..if you want a ZR2, it would be soooo much easier to just go out and buy one. Mine was bone stock, besides the cold air intake, with 90k miles on it in perfect condition...and I only paid $6,000. I love my blazer but if I could go back I probably would have gotten the ZR2 S-10 pick-up. The back seats are a pain to use.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:32 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

dude? do you read the stuff we post for you?
again, as stated in your "zr2 rims" thread, and by everyone here: BUY a ZR2 if you want one.

the cost of a 5" SL and the neato-mosquito coolguy whizz-bang doo-dads and other Dr. Seus what-nots you will strap to it to make it the mean off road machine you envision will cost you the same as a 99-01 Zr2 if you shop around enough

granted with 6" SL, 2" BL, and a sawzall you can fit a lot bigger tires than stock 31's but... c'mon...

ANYWAY as asked: yes leafs will fit
no you wont gain height because they are mounted differently on zee are twos
yes you will gian height if your current leafs are sagging
t bar is not the only suspension piece that is direct fit, but i use "suspension" to mean more than just shocks and leafs...
if the vehicle has torsion bars, then those bars are indexed so that they can be raised/lowered/set through the use of a bolt-through-key. turn bolt to move th

Last edited by ABN31B; 01-11-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Making my blazer a ZR2