Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Something to help clear these monsters?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 06:42 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Something to help clear these monsters?

Alright I finally got my tires only problem is I'm rubbing the front and rear of my fender wells. Would a 2" suspension give me the proper clearance or would I be better off with a 2" body?

The tires are 29x 10 R15 so if anyone is curious what size they are I went a size smaller on tire diameter hoping that would help but it didn't. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Old 07-24-2006, 08:31 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: Something to help clear these monsters?

does it just rub when ur driving and ur suspension is working or are you tires like against you fender when ur truck is just sitting still? i think in either case a suspension lift would work...hell do it anyway even if its not what u need lol

Old 07-24-2006, 11:10 PM

The only time i really have any issue is when I turn the wheel I can get about one and maybe 1/4 turn out of the wheel. Gotta take pulling out of corners semi wide or I rub on the back and some what on the plastic piece on the bumper. i bent my drs. fender up some on the bottom cause of it rubbing. haha. other than that right now it drives fine. I'm not sure about when my suspension is traveling I do'nt think I will have to much trouble with it when going forward or around any turns other than slow moving sharp turns I might encounter on the trail. I have a stiff suspension. I'm Running Rancho RSX shocks on it now. Looking to upgrade it to a probably a 2" suspension lift.

Wheres a good place to get new torsion bars, what type of tools will be needed to install them. And about how much will they run? Thanks

Old 07-24-2006, 11:30 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

well thats a pretty wide tire....you may have that problem no matter what. im not exactly sure...u may wanna pm swart or Hanr and ask them

Old 07-24-2006, 11:36 PM

I see they are viewing. waiting to see if I get a chimin from them. tires are almost clearing if I removed the front piece I know they would clear the front. I'm just not sure about the back. Also now I need to locate some good places to get lift kits. I've seen a few online. But I want to make sure I can't maybe get it some place else cheaper. I know the one shop in my area is A & a auto parts. and they will beat any price plus I know a kid whois stepdad that works there and can get a discount on stuff or so I was told.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 PM
nails5240 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it definatley the fenders that youre rubbing on? My problem went away when I took off the mudflaps.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:15 PM

you on stock wheels or aftermarket? I wish mine had mudflaps. but it don't.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:02 AM
nails5240 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wheels are stock but the tires are pretty big.

Old 07-26-2006, 01:33 AM

Is the pics showing up or no? Let me know. Thanks. I'm figuring they are. But I could be wrong.