Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Speed Calibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:18 PM
MCas86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speed Calibration

Would this(<<<click) be worth getting? im gonna lift it 2" and get 31" tires and idk how off my speedo's gonna be. Or would it be better to just go somewhere and have it calibrated? if there's any other items that could calibrate feel free to list 'em, i think ill prolly need it...right now im running 30's and Dunntire told me that its gonna b 3-4 mph off....theres a site in my favorites somewhere where i could put in the tire size and it tells me how much the speedo will b off but i dont like doing math in my head while im driving to see if im speeding...id rather just look down and know for sure....whatever input u have lemme know...

Old 05-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Speed Calibration

I don't know anyone that has one. Most people I know that have bigger tires just guess at their proper speed. One friend had his girlfriend drive with him in another car while he was in his Jeep and they went by what was on the car's speedo. It ended up that it was 10 under in the Jeep with the bigger tires. But if you'd rather know for certain, maybe this thing is for you.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You can use any of the online tire size calculators to determine how far off your speedo will be with larger tires.

I do know that you can change the tire size and gear ratio with the Hypertech Power Tuner, but that would be the ONLY reason why I would get one. I do not know what sizes you can go to though... That would be a more fool proof way of changin' the tire size though.

Old 05-10-2006, 11:31 AM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

for the truspeed calibrator, you have to measure the overall diameter of the bigger tire and give them your original tire size also. they have many many different calibrators for different tire sizes. check out superlift's website, they have these for S-10s and Blazers really cheap under the scratch and dent link. It gives exact instructions on how to find out which one to order.

Old 05-27-2006, 02:45 PM
slicer4559 is an unknown quantity at this point

try this website to calculate it ( www.4lo.com ), and this website has the pieces to fix it, www.transmissioncenter.net you'll have to search around the site to find the page where they have the pieces though.....sorry bout that