Lighting & Electrical Post your lighting and chassis/engine electrical questions here. Any audio/video questions should be posted in the 'Audio/Video Electronics' section.

Overhead trip computer calibration?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:39 PM
01BlackBlazer is on a distinguished road
Smile Overhead trip computer calibration?

Hi,

I finished installing my overhead trip computer in my 01 Blazer. It came with the standard temp and compass. Following the instructions on here, I was able to get it all hooked up and functioning.

Do these need to be calibrated in some way? All the functions seem to work, but the instant MPG seems to be a bit off. Will this adjust itself over the course of a few days, or did I miss something?

Thanks!

Shawn

Old 05-11-2010, 09:44 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Should adjust but if you wanna start new, just hold both buttons down for 10 seconds and it should reset. Its kinda tricky getting them both at the same time but, I'm sure you'll get it!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 AM
01BlackBlazer is on a distinguished road

Actually, I think I have found the problem. I used the console from a short (sunroof) style console in a long console. The computer is apparently different. There is a plug for the compass that I don't have any wiring for. I guess its back to the yard for me!

Everything seemed to work except the compass... Now I understand why...I think.

Here is a pic I found of the identical computer with the plug in question circled... I am betting I can find one in a Astro, since the blazer ones seem so hard to find around here, just wonder if its the same, or if its calibrated for the astros huge 27 gallon tank...lol

Shawn