Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

Torsion keys?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Starting Member
sasquatchfound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Torsion keys?

Can some one help me with a link to were i can get a set of torsion keys. I had my bars checked out and truckaline siad they are good. so I want the keys to torque the front.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:11 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Torsion keys?

You can get them on ebay if you really want them.

You do know that you should be able to crank your t-bars within reason with the stock keys right?

Old 06-22-2007, 07:25 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

All you need is an 18mm socket...

Old 06-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Starting Member

I was told that after market torsion keys will keep the front from sagging. Or is this wrong?

Old 06-23-2007, 01:52 AM
*Old_School* is an unknown quantity at this point

These trucks have torsion bars for the front suspension?

Old 06-23-2007, 05:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

4wd front suspension use torsion bars up front yes.

To the original poster, are you attempting to lift the truck by cranking the torsion bars? If so, your ride will be worse... Also, the wear on the balljoints will be increased...

Old 06-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Starting Member

my front end sits 2-3 inches lower than the rear, so i want to level it up. and how is it that this would put more wear on the joints if was designed to be at that hieght to begin with? My rear end sits 8 1/2 above the tire (from tire to edge of fender) and the front is 5 1/2 inches (from tire to edge of fender)

Old 06-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you are restoring it to stock height, it won't. If you are raising it up from stock height, you will be changing the angles and putting more stress on the components, causing them to wear out faster.

But you don't need aftermarket keys, just a jack, jackstands and a rachet.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Starting Member

will i be able to torque the front enough to match the rear, i mean 3 inches is alot right?

Old 06-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Administrator

How is it that the front is 3" lower than the rear to begin with... Have you raised the back? If not, your torsion bars may be weak up front.

Quick Reply: Torsion keys?