Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

What to do for 33"? How high?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:58 AM
RA
RA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do for 33"? How high?

I have a 2005 S10 Blazer with stock wheels and tires, I would like to replace the tires with 33" and keep the stock wheels. What do I need to do in lifts to make this happen? I was thinking of a 2" body lift and a 4" suspension lift. What do you think?

Thx!

Old 07-01-2007, 01:15 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: What to do for 33"? How high?

I think a 6 inch suspension and fender trimming would be a good bet... im just not a big fan of body lifts because with a body lift, brush guards, resse hitches, etc.. (things bolted to the frame) looke funny or dont fit right.... just my opinion tho.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:21 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

A_tack is right, if you want to go 33's without having to worry about funny fitment of things you are best off going with a 4-6" lift from trailmaster, bds, superlift, or your local 4x4 shop if they do custom lifts. These do cost a bit but they work and quite well at that. However this isnt your only option. If you can live with some odd fitment of things you can do a body lift for the initial 2 inches you will need. For the remaining clearance you will need to do a torsion bar crank up for the front and either shackles, add-a-leafs, or a spring over axle conversion to get you roughly another 2 inches of lift. Additionally you may need to do some minor trimming of the fenders and you will need to get wheel spacers if you plan to keep the stock rims. Now the most important thing to note is that a torsion bar crank up will wear front components much faster. However if you keep an eye on front end items like ball joints, cv shafts, etc, you can get long life out of this type of lift. One other thing i almost forgot is that you will need longer travel shocks. The factory ones hit max extension under normal bumps in the road and limit the front lift just a little bitso longer travelshocks from companies like superlift and monroe are a must.

Ok, now that I've said a mouthful, if you want more information on this PM Jigg or myself and we can go into more detail and clarify. Essentially the second option is what Jigg has on his blazer and its what i plan to do with my blazer when i get more funding.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:35 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

this will all work, but be aware that a spring over axle flip will lift the rear end 5 inches not 2..... this would make your truck appear to be severely nosediving with a 2 inchcrank up front and 5 inches in the rear.. . .

Old 07-02-2007, 01:03 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, didnt realize it did that much, makes sense though now that i think about it.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:05 AM
RA
RA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx for the input! I think I have decided to do about a 5 1/2 ish suspension lift. Now its the matter of finding somthing that will not get me in too much trouble with the wife I recived a quote for a BDS complete lift from a local place here in Vancouver and I was told that it will bejust over3000.00 + Install CDN. I have no problems paying half that but I dont know about 3000! Is this what I am stuck paying or are there other options that are just as good but not so much $$ ?

Thx again!
Randall

Old 07-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: RA

Thx for the input! I think I have decided to do about a 5 1/2 ish suspension lift. Now its the matter of finding somthing that will not get me in too much trouble with the wife I recived a quote for a BDS complete lift from a local place here in Vancouver and I was told that it will bejust over3000.00 + Install CDN. I have no problems paying half that but I dont know about 3000! Is this what I am stuck paying or are there other options that are just as good but not so much $$ ?

Thx again!
Randall
Check online and see about ordering it in. With our dollar being as high as it is you maybe able to save a lot of money.