Suspension Tech Have a question about modifying your suspension? Ask it here.

ZR2 Shackles, lifting, torsion bar keys

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 11:16 PM
theblackmoon is on a distinguished road
Question ZR2 Shackles, lifting, torsion bar keys

Hey guys. First off, let me say...

PLEASE, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A ZR2 BLAZER, DON'T OFFER ADVICE ON THIS.

Not trying to be ignorant, but I've seen far too many comments referring to questions from people who do not know anything about the factory differences. I am not interested in the opinion of "Doomsayers", who feel that I need to purchase a "proper lift kit" to "get a 3" lift on the stock suspension", or that you can't fit 31" tires on it without a lift kit, or any other such uninformed opinions. Sorry, but I've read far too much of such. The entire chassis geometry of a ZR2 is different from a regular LS or LT Blazer.

So, my questions are as follows.. I just found out my shackles need replacement, bad, and I was wondering if I can just add +2" shackles in their place, instead of the stock ones. Additionally, if I do, will I need the 2" shock extenders to go with them, or will they just fit without them? I want the extra height for towing (I only do trail Off-roading... nothing serious), and right now, she has about a 1.5-2" sag in the rear. Finally, if I'm not really going for additional front lift, is there any advantage to be gained by buying new torsion bar keys?

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2019, 05:22 AM
Beginning Member
Jbgraham212 is on a distinguished road
Default Have you fixed the notorious ZR2 sag?

I noticed you posted this a year ago, was wondering if you fixed your ZR 2 sag yet? I had the same issue on my 2000 ZR 2 Blazer and used a 3 - 4 inch shackle combo and I leveled it right out using the 4 inch position. The new shackles did not change the ride quality or the stock ZR 2 ride height. Hope you already got it fixed I know I hated the Baha / prerunner look.

Old 05-05-2019, 11:39 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the thing:
The OP joined in 2010, waited until 2018 to make this thread using a very snarky, arrogant attitude and nobody bothered to reply to help him probably due to his attitude. He has not been active since the day after he posted this thread, so I doubt if he is still around.

*THREAD CLOSED*