1993 Full size tire and wheel assistance requested - Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 01-12-2018, 01:31 AM

kylet77 is on a distinguished road
Default 1993 Full size tire and wheel assistance requested

Good morning all, figured I would see if some of the experts here would be willing and able to assist me. I recently picked up a 1993 full size Blazer Silverado. The gentleman I bought it from added aftermarket 18" chrome wheels to it. When I get home from this deployment I am going to switch back to the original 16" wheels with probably LT285/75R16 tires. The blazer is all stock except for the aftermarket wheels. Do I need to worry about wheel offset or tire scrubbing or anything else by going to this size tire? My wife, who bought me the Blazer so I can't argue too much, wants to put a black steel wheel on it instead of the chrome on their now. I'm currently looking at a 16x7 American racing wheel at tire rack but it states this wheel is an "Agressive fitment" and I am not to sure why it would be that way.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kyle
Old 05-02-2018, 12:24 AM

Nadamamasboy is on a distinguished road

Do you know what size came from factory? You may have brake caliper clearance issues if it was designed for 17 or bigger. Probably not but a trip to the dealer could save you some money
Old 05-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Starting Member

Tom A is on a distinguished road

Most likely, it came with 16s. I had a 1994 4x4 pickup, and that's what came on it. When I bought mine, it had 265/75R16 tires, which I believe are one size bigger than stock. There were no issues with them rubbing, but they were pretty close at the factory plastic air dam in front when turning. A little trimming there would be simple to do and look fine.

The biggest problem is that the stock wheels have a lot of backspacing (wheels are set into the fenders pretty far), so you would probably need to measure a stock wheel and match it. Otherwise, you may end up hitting the fenders.

And thank you for your service!

Last edited by Tom A; 05-05-2018 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Added last line.