Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

2 inch BL, w/stock 6 PLY?

Old 01-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road
Default 2 inch BL, w/stock 6 PLY?

So as I've mentioned before, I have the 2 inch body lift from PA. It's not installed, but will be this fall/summer.

I need tires ASAP. If I went ahead and bought these 235/75/15 6 PLY GOODYEARS, would it look dumb with a 2 inch body lift?

I want the bigger tires, but with the stock size I can buy two at a time and not be completely broke. Plus I can have them put on for free, and warranty and that fun stuff to boot.

My bad If I stretched the screen.

What should I do?

Last edited by mdehoogh; 01-03-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: changed pic from full-size to thumbnail
Old 01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

I'm currently debating the same thing, I know someone will chime in soon. Pics would be awesome.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Starting Member
Moores12345 is on a distinguished road

Even If I could get a set of 31's new for something like 149.99 and I bought two, I still can't put them on because I'll still have 235/75/15 for the other two. Plus, I don't think they'll will put tires on that are not stock size. Liability issues I suppose.

Either way it doesn't work for me, I want to buy two at a time so I'm not broke. Just had to fork out 200 bones for a new hub because of a hole in my road. However I'll be fighting the city to pay for the damages. Well actually it was the bearings but I do believe on the 4WD models you have to replace the whole hub assembly.

Like I said, they're 6 PLY so they will look a bit bigger and aggressive so maybe it won't be too bad.

My two front tires are different offsets too. One is a 70R and the other is 75. Not good on the front end especially when in 4WD. Poor truck was neglected before I bought it. Poor thing only has 113KM.

I'll search Google and see what I can find on a truck with 2" lift and stock size tires.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Looks up "Blazin NC", if my memory serves me right, he had a 2" body lift as well as tbar and shackles with stock 235/75 all season/highway tires and it didn't look bad. Aggressive tires like the ones you posted would look great IMO

The ply typically only refers to the inner construction of the tire and doesn't necessarily affect the exterior look. Heavier duty tires tend to have a more aggressive look to them.

I also edited your post to show the imageshack thumbnail. With imageshack's direct link, you can just add a .th before the extension (.th.jpg) to use it. Also, ALT+PRINT SCREEN will copy just the active window rather than the entire desktop. Try an keep them about 800px wide