Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

31/10.5 r15

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:47 AM
deegan26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 31/10.5 r15

I have the option of getting a set of brand new 31/10.5 inch tires for my blazer for $150 and I was wondering if they would be too wide for a 96 blazer. Id like to stay away from a lift if at all possible... would trimming the fender be all that I need to do? (sorry if its a repost all i could find is 9.5 width threads) And also would they still fit on the stock rims?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

They will fit on the stock rims no problem. Fitting under your truck is probably not going to happen without a lift.
31x9.5's are a stretch (you'd be looking at trimming and a tbar crank), but 10.5's are most definitely not going to fit. You may be able to get away with a tbar crank and a lot of trimming, but I don't see them fitting easily.
That's a really good price though..I'd kill to have a set of 31's for that price lol.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:56 AM
deegan26 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha yeah I know that's why I'm trying to make it happen... what if i got some spacers to push them out a little bit?

And if a lift is the only way would it have to be suspension lift or would a body lift work?

Old 10-21-2009, 11:14 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Like Sisk said, you'll at least need to crank the tbars and put lift shackles on the back. A body lift would be recommended as well.

Over the years, I've seen several posts of people claiming they had 31's on a completely stock truck with no adverse effects.

I'd go ahead and buy them ASAP. If it turns out that you can't get them to fit properly, you could probably sell them for double/triple the price (depending on which tires they are)

Old 10-21-2009, 12:02 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I was going to suggest the same. For $150 you can't go wrong, even if you can't get them to fit!

Old 10-21-2009, 01:08 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

PFT! buy em up! Don't hesitate! Send em to me if you dont want them!!!

Hold on to those bad boys, save up a few bucks ($300 or so) and get a 2" BL ($200 ish) 2" lift shackles ($50) and uppler/lower shackle bushings ($28 for all 4 you need). You = bad lookin' blazer!

Nice find!

Old 10-21-2009, 03:36 PM
darentson is on a distinguished road

Damn and I thought I was doing well, with $500 for a set of 31s!

Old 10-21-2009, 03:46 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

I know a guy around town who has a 96 blazer with 31x10.5 r15 on stock wheels with no suspension mods or body lift, not sure if or where he rubs though.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:13 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

And I know a guy that rubs with 4'' of lift

Old 10-21-2009, 04:40 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by papacope
I know a guy around town who has a 96 blazer with 31x10.5 r15 on stock wheels with no suspension mods or body lift, not sure if or where he rubs though.
I'd like to see that...

Quick Reply: 31/10.5 r15