Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

96 Blazer on 16" OEM Firebird TA wheels clean :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sisk
lol. Pet peeve of mine. Blazers are not cars...they are trucks Or if you're truly proper, a "motor vehicle" or "vehicle" lol.
I don't know why, but it bugs me when people call it an SUV. I call it a truck. It's on a truck frame.
It's a truck with a permanent topper is all. lol

Old 12-14-2009, 05:38 PM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

Uh...having an open body inside makes it a SUV. If it was a truck it would have a bed.

Your front end is what I want my 2 door 2wd to look like with the chrome bumper and painted SS mirrors. Put some clears on it and get rid of that Blazer logo and it will look better. A billet Bowtie would look nice too.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:25 AM
Beginning Member
blazer206 is an unknown quantity at this point

As for the chevy bowtie
ITS JUST A STICKER hahaa yup a yellow sparkly sticker.
I think I want to paint the valance the same color and add 18x8.5 C6 vette wheels next year.

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-15-2009 at 06:18 AM. Reason: combining consecutive posts - Please use the EDIT feature to include additional information in your post if another member has not yet replied.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:21 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

hahaha wow, I just put 2 and 2 togehter that you used to have the running boards and those big rims. Looks much better now

Old 12-15-2009, 03:33 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

hey Cesar, what year is your truck? i've been looking for a solid chrome bumper like that for mine, since my lower bumper cover has both sides broken. and if i'm gonna replace it, i'd like more chrome out there than what the skin covers up now (sorry Alex, my truck is not into Mad Max )

never buy a truck from an old lady......."oh that, i've 'bumped' onto a few little snow banks, once or twice" she said-my ***!!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Beginning Member
blazer206 is an unknown quantity at this point

My blazer is a 96
BUT the 98+ s10/blazer front bumpers bolt right up to the 95+ s10/blazers
So if you have a 95-97 s10 or blazer, ur good

The only diffrence on the bumpers is the lower part, the valance, so ull need to buy that also OR
You can do what I did. You can drill some holes on ur 95-97 valance n bolt it on ur 98+ front bumper.
Check out my pics of the 98+ bumper with a 94-97 valance. Itl sit lower and more of a lil custom look, I like it.

I got my front bumper off eBay for 115 shipped, it pretty good quality I like it.

DON'T get a bumper with holes on it, IT WILL RUST, the ones from eBay at least.

Anymores ? Js ask thanks

Old 12-15-2009, 09:26 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

my Blazer is a '98

i want to get rid of this;

and put on the solid (no holes) bumper like yours. not really a fan of American plating-it doesn't stand up to the "real" weather we have up here in Canada!

sorry, i'm jk'ing of course. but does anyone know if this was available from GM? not trying to jack your thread Cesar, so anyone that has info could just PM me.

thanks for the info Cesar, truck looks great. just need to get rid of the last piece of pin stripe.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:31 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Zeeke98
Uh...having an open body inside makes it a SUV. If it was a truck it would have a bed.

Your front end is what I want my 2 door 2wd to look like with the chrome bumper and painted SS mirrors. Put some clears on it and get rid of that Blazer logo and it will look better. A billet Bowtie would look nice too.
A pick up has a bed.
I see a truck as anything that is generally a rugged, body on frame, high clearance vehicle.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

GM never made a smoothie chrome bumper, only the one with holes for the rub strip.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:20 PM
BF Guru

so all those that i see like Cesar's, are from the aftermarket only?

then i guess it'd be smarter to just buy a non-plated one, and just get it triple plated myself.

Quick Reply: 96 Blazer on 16" OEM Firebird TA wheels clean :)