Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

96 blazer mudding tire question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Both sides of the coin here guys, and I can't believe I'm saying this.

Rex, I think you did jump a little harshly here. He did ask about a good mudding tire. I don't follow every post so don't know his situation, and my quick answer probably would have been the same.

But I would have also asked what his intent was, to get some more info.

Do you need it for winter/slippery conditions as well?

I like my KM2's but I've only had them in mud once. I would go with a general M/T tire. if you're concerned about ice driving, the duratrac or other aggresive A/T might be better.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

If hes near ice a bfg mudd would be good they have the studding holes in the tire, his state might not allot metal studds tho.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:21 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

Everybody seems to like the Goodyear Duratracs, but basically all name brand all-terrain or mud tires will do just fine. This question is too subjective for a definite answer. Above all else, just make sure you get something with a warranty. Mud tires will usually make more road noise, ride a little rougher, and get worse gas mileage. If the percentage of on-road driving is above 50, I'd go all-terrain. They'll last longer.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=Jamaroon;576275].
Rex, I think you did jump a little harshly here. He did ask about a good mudding tire. I don't follow every post so don't know his situation, and my quick answer probably would have been the same.
QUOTE]

I would generally agree with you Jam but in this case chesty has been a part of numerous other threads from the OP and I knew what the guy was asking for from his other posts he has made that chesty has just posted his usual dumb crap in that he seems to do to just about every single thread he posts in!

Had it been someone else that posted it that I knew wasn't a part of previous convos from the OP I would have not responded in the manner that I did

Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

I don't think I'll ever put another set of swampers on one of my trucks, they are the roughest riding worst lasting tire on the market. And no warranty. But, they are tough tires, and they work well in mud.

BFG mud terrains are nice all around tires. A friend just bought a set of Durun mud terrain tires and is very happy with them, and they were a lot cheaper than any other tire out there.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

KM2's don't have stud holes

Carry on then Rex LOL

Old 03-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Lol thank you!!!

Old 03-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
KM2's don't have stud holes

Carry on then Rex LOL
I didn't think so, but I wasn't sure. Dashed my hopes...

Old 03-28-2013, 04:28 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Loving my retreads!

Name:  100_0466.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  135.6 KB

Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Starting Member
bdemutis is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by newguy
Loving my retreads!

What kind of retreads are those I'm looking for something that is good for on road and off road use. I use my car as a daily driver for school and other things also I'm in PA so yea it gets icey. But the wrangler radious I have on doobt grip well and I just got brand new rears. Sorry for the spelling on my phone.

Attached Thumbnails 96 blazer mudding tire question-100_0466.jpg  

Quick Reply: 96 blazer mudding tire question