Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Alternate factory wheel help

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Hartge H26 is on a distinguished road
Default Alternate factory wheel help

I just bought a 99 SLT Jimmy and didn't like the factory wheels it came with so i changed them for a different style. Here's my problem.....
it looks like the rear tires sit in more now than before. I bought a set of used rims and the guy said they were for a 4x4. The front seem to sit fine.
The 1st pic is what I had on before, the second is what's on the truck now.

Please help as I don't know if it's just my eyes.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Alternate factory wheel help-1.gif   Alternate factory wheel help-22.gif  
Old 11-17-2009, 09:37 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The old rims did the same thing. The rear track width is narrower than the front.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:41 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Is your truck a 2WD or 4WD?

Old 11-17-2009, 11:29 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by swartlkk
The old rims did the same thing. The rear track width is narrower than the front.
I actually noticed the same thing after putting my winter rims on... I'm actually thinking of 1 inch spacers for the rear to bring them out a bit, but am worried about rubbing the rear fender lips when the rear articulates... I park in some pretty crazy spots at school lol...

Matt. I'd assume his truck's a 4x4 because he bought rims for a 4x4. Doesn't mean anything but that's just my logic lol.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Hartge H26 is on a distinguished road

it's a 4x4. So it's suppose to be like that? seems weird that GM would do that, make 2 different rims for the same truck with different offsets.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Monkeyman is on a distinguished road

The wheels are the same front/rear. It's the rear axle that's shorter than it "should" be. They're all 15x7 with 6" of backspacing. (At least all 2nd gen 4x4 wheels.)