Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Another can I fit thread... sorry

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Beginning Member
uncle larrys oranges is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another can I fit thread... sorry

Can I fit 31s on a 2002 4x4 blazer with the torsion bars cranked but no shackles in the rear? I really dont have the time right now to put the shackles in but Im too impatient to wait to get my tires on. (I searched but didnt find anything specifying if I could fit them without the shackels)

Old 01-18-2010, 04:25 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Well I'm sure they would fit. You'd have issues at full compression though. Your rears will probably rub under compression.
With that said, if you crank your tbars and leave the back you're going to have some serious reverse rake going on. Not only will it look terrible, but you will have a lot more drag on the truck.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Beginning Member

but no serious damage if I go over a speed bump? I dont think ill be able to get my shackles on for another couple weeks but I really want my tires on. Im very very impatient when it comes to things like this

Old 01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

lol. I know the impatient feeling.
I wouldn't risk it though. If you go over a speed bump or big pot hole or something chances are you will rub in the rear. Why risk ruining your sexy new 31's just to have them on a few weeks earlier?
I'm a very impatient person too. It sucks, but the one thing I've learned is to do it right. Even if it means waiting a bit longer. It always works out better in the long run and it's better to be safe then sorry.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Beginning Member

ya ill take your word for it and wait. Its nice to have helpful people on here that keep me from making dumb decisions lol. thanks

Old 01-19-2010, 12:55 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Alex said it all, and so did you.

i've got to ask, did you not think about the lack of lift in the rear without doing the shackles, when you did the t-bar crank? 'cause it would look like a wierd lowrider, with a broken pump (bad solenoid) in the rear.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:45 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

just remember this....

Rushing into things causes problems... lol, dont be too excited.. just relax and wait it out, its best. I blew like 150-200 bucks at Best Buy a few years back on a Mini Disk player from sony... lil almost floppy disk things that dont skip... well fml, the ipod came out... lol... plus buying them nice tires and then rushing to put them on, just to ruin the rears... not worth it... wait the extra week and enjoy the tires for much longer... just a few cents

Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

^agreed^