Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

anyone put c6 corvette rims on 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:24 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Sisk
Don't put different sized rims on if you plan on using 4x4. Pat explained it pretty well. You will end up destroying your 4x4. Hell, even different sized tires can ruin your 4x4 system. I can't even imagine what a different sized rim will do.
I sure hope you can return the rims where you bought them, because you shouldn't be running them on a 4x4 truck if you use 4x4 EVER.
Hence why I suggested not using 4x4 unless he has the stock rims on... in which case he'd only be using it in the snow when the C6 rims are hibernating for the winter.

From the sounds of this, or what I'm assuming, he wouldn't be taking his 4x4 with a 3 and 4 drop with C6 rims and street tires offroad... so he wouldn't be using his 4x4... however when winter comes around his stock rims/tires are going back on and he'll be able to use 4x4 when needed in the snow.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

(I hope this makes since cause it's 1:30 am and I just got off work. If I'm wrong just call me a babbaling idiot and I'll hush up .)
The reason I brought it up was because on the vaccum operated 4x4 systems. I was told that even when 4wd isn't engaged, the front drive shaft spins freely, just not with force like if it was engaged. I thought diffrent size tires would be like diffrent gear ratios in the front and back. Just cause bind and the truck not wanting to roll.

Cause thats why some people complained when auto makers went from lock-in hubs to the vaccum assist. Because with the lock hubs, the shaft and such only spun in 4wd, the only part that worked in 2wd up front is the wheels, so the wear and tear was far less. With the vac assist the parts wear quicker, regardless of 2 or 4wd usage, since the drive shaft and all spun at the same speed as the rear.

If your gonna get the fronts anyways. Just try them on and see what happens. If you feel that there is a problem, there's ways of removing the front shaft and rolling like most 4xlow trucks out there. I've read about some shops telling customers that came in with a flat on a 4x4 that they should cut the tread down to the same size as what the other three tires are so that the front driveshaft doesn't bind. But that might just be on either full time 4x4's or thick tread tires. I just don't want anybody to buy something and not be able to use it. (Been there, done that WAY too many times )

Originally Posted by oktain
he wouldn't be taking his 4x4 with a 3 and 4 drop with C6 rims and street tires offroad...
Probley not, but whose to say? My first car was a BMW 318ti hatchback. And I took that car up a rutted out gravel and mud hill quite a few times that my dad's 91 2wd s10 couldn't make it up! That car went someplaces no car should have, and had the scratches on the underside to prove it. Looking back, I'm ashamed of some places I put that car in. Just saying... you could... but like you said, why would you?

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 01-27-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:06 AM
Beginning Member
elchicano is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
(My first car was a BMW 318ti hatchback. And I took that car up a rutted out gravel and mud hill quite a few times that my dad's 91 2wd s10 couldn't make it up! That car went someplaces no car should have, and had the scratches on the underside to prove it. Looking back, I'm ashamed of some places I put that car in. Just saying... you could... but like you said, why would you?
Hey guy i too had a 318ti and boy was that car sweet. I had to sell it for engine problems.

Also are there any other pictures of blazers with corvette rims?