Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

anyway to

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 02:11 AM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyway to

make a 5 lug axle,into a 6 lug i have some stock 6 lug chevy z71 rims. 17 inch. and was just wondering how u go along of doing that.

also why dont they sell like 17 or 20 inch stock s10 rims i guess they swurlys is what they are called i wish they kinda did so i can get them idk but i like the stock rims but i wish they where bigger.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:23 AM
pbishop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: anyway to

You might be able to find spacers that can fit between the wheel and hub that will push the wheels out a bit and transform the 5 bolt into a 6 bolt pattern, but you should know that it will be made by a machinist on special order $$$. The other way would be to change the hub, but this will require alot of work because the abs in the front and hand brake in the back + brake calipers, disksetc... will have to be changed and modified and that is only if the hub will fit on the axle. Seeing how there are no real specs available to find out what hub fits where, it can be a costly and time consuming project.

As for the bigger wheels, silverados of the same year where only 16 inch rims. Why did they do it? Probably because they are light trucks and the demand for low profile on trucks was low. Today, you can get 20's on a tahoe, but the tire is rediculously expensive. If you really want a bigger rim, I would try to get it in the same bolt pattern and something you like. Less time consuming and expensive.

However, be warned, the bigger the rim you put, the smaller the tire wall you can have without running into rubbing problems. ...Unless, of course you raise the truck. Hope this helps.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:38 AM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can probably find a set of wheel adapters for a decent price on ebay. I know I have seen 5 to 6 lug adapters but you need to know what lug size your going to. The stock is 5 X 4.75 so you need to find out what your 6 lug rims are and find spacers from there.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:40 AM
pbishop is an unknown quantity at this point

I keep forgetting about that ebay. Thanks for the correction.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:44 AM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea cuz i have 4 2002 chevy 1500 6 lug rims and since there just laying around i thought maybe i could change it but rather just buy aftermarket propply cheaper to then just moding it to fit stock 6 lugs thanks.