Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

best mud/ off road tires

Old 01-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Starting Member
serrasalmus is on a distinguished road

for a all out bad arsh mud tire the km2 is a great tire, Kevlar lined sidewalls i believe for rock cut and abrasions and the duratrac is a great all around tire and is blizzard certified

Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

ok personal opinion as ive run alot of diffrent tires for trial methods and done research. i ran the 31x10.5r15 bfg all terrains and i must say they are quite impressive for on the road and off the road. they grip very well in any terrains. if u plan on wheeling them in alot of mud just air the tire pressure down and the tire grips way more as said on the bfg brochure. i am also running the good year wrangler territorys and they are exceptional offroad in mud and gravel but as for the street in snow and ice i give them a **** poor rating. they wear fast and have weak sidewalls. best bang and over comparison nothing beats bf goodrich.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

DOT approved super swamper bogger, best mud tire made. if you dont need DOT go for a set of apple ag tires.

Old 01-16-2013, 02:38 AM
Beginning Member
YJ Wralph is on a distinguished road

Cooper STT's are pretty awesome...

Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by matt9589
mud, snow, and they need to be ok on the road. I dont mind tire noises on the highway.
my KM2s are great for mud and on the road, not the best tires ive had in the snow though. i had a set of 31 bfg ats that were great in the snow and on road, but were horrible in the mud. Pro comp ats were good all around, but i had 2 that separated belts.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:35 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

I still believe the DuraTracs will be a really good choice for you. I have heard too many bad things about the BFG A/T's to recommend them to anyone. I have heard a lot of good things about the KM2's but i think they may be overkill for what you need, along with the BFG M/T's. The DuraTracs are right in the middle as far as aggressiveness goes and they are amazing in all conditions. I drive in the snow and mud every weekend and they always impress me, when they are aired down they just dont stop in the snow. never aired down in mud tho. just my .02$

Old 01-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor
tread depot is on a distinguished road

I would definitely agree that the Duratracs are great all around tires. With a center tread design like an all terrain that gives you a pretty decent street ride with an open shoulder design with side lugs like a mud terrain. Plus, with all the siping in each tread block, the Duratracs still give you good wet weather traction and snow traction. Now, as far as full mud terrains go, the Toyo M/Ts have the best wet weather traction of most any mud terrain and the Toyo's, BFG KM2's and even the Cooper STT's are still relatively quiet on the street. Bang for the buck, I'd still lean towards the Duratrac though.