Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

BFG v. Firestone v. General

Old 03-15-2011, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Grabbers wear very well for the first 40k ish...they go quickly after that.

I'm looking at replacing mine at 46-48k I think...the math is tricky since I was under geared for a bit, now overgeared...haha about 46k yea.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by btmbass
One other idea thing that has come up. I have just gotten a nice pair of rims from my brother, so I can buy 30" wheels now. I couldn't before since every damn store only installs tires sizes that are on the door. I can have them mount 30" tires on these rims and I can mount them myself. Is there any disadvantage other than the speedo being off with 30" tires?
The only downside is some 30's are a little more expensive. They'll also be slightly heavier than stock but the slightly larger circumference (more distance/rev) kind of cancels it out. Also, for some reason (that I still can't figure out), my speedometer is fairly accurate even after installing 31's. According to two GPS's, I was on cruise at 60mph and the speedo was hovering just a smidge below the 60mph line.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

differs from tire to tire for sure. my 235's are within 1/4" of my bfg 30's when measuring from the ground to the top of the tire.

also if you have offset rims you might rub a bit, i do, and the fenders trimmed

Old 03-20-2011, 04:01 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some more advertising for the Destination A/Ts from my project thread:

Granted they are 255/70/17s, but at least you get a good idea of tread pattern and the like.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Starting Member
btmbass is on a distinguished road

Well the time has finally come. I ordered the BFGoodrich tires in the 30x9.5x15 from Farm and Fleet, they are having a buy 3 get 1 free deal this weekend. They are coming in in about a week. I'll post pictures once I get them mounted. Thanks for all the advice!

Old 04-01-2011, 12:08 AM
Starting Member
btmbass is on a distinguished road

Hopefully these tires come soon. I just found a few bulges in my back tires. These old Grabbers are wearing quick now they are coming to the end of their life.