Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

black rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:54 AM
blajeans is on a distinguished road

I think itīs pretty hard to really see how these rims looks and decide if the do better as black painted. Skip the flash or take o photo during the day hours instead.
And do agree with old skool luvr, I thought that is was just over the top. We do all think differently, for example I like your stock taillights and "our" stock taillights (brazilian taillights) make me sick.

If I could give pj5454302 an advice, add some other color to your rims, for example do a red line on the ... what does it called in english now ... edge? I think it would see more not so home fixed ... but again. Itīs really hard to have an opinion on your painted rims. Hope you dont take this the wrong way, I think itīs great that you actually done something to make it looks little bit more individual.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
besides, there are plenty of wheels (stock & aftermarket) that are balck & look great. but then again, it all comes down to personal taste.
I actually have black wheels on my wife's G8 but they have a stainless lip and chrome center cap and lugs. It's the all black wheels with no contrast that look horrible. Reminds me of 70's and 80's vehicles that lost their hubcaps. NO STYLE!!!

Old 01-10-2010, 10:27 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by blajeans
If I could give pj5454302 an advice, add some other color to your rims, for example do a red line on the ... what does it called in english now ... edge?

that would sweet! just like to old American Racing steel wheels.

Originally Posted by blajeans
And do agree with old skool luvr, I thought that is was just over the top. We do all think differently, for example I like your stock taillights and "our" stock taillights (brazilian taillights) make me sick.
not to steal the thread blajeans, but i PM'd you awhile ago about the extra "stock" NA lights i have.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:45 AM
aced411 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you indicating that shiny chrome spoke wheels that look like they came off a pimped out Cadillac are somehow better? Black rims rock!

Originally Posted by Zeeke98
Why do people think all black rims look so good? Those rims aren't that great stock and look horrible all black. I'm so sick of everyone painting every rim in the world all black. It hides what the rim looks like and you might as well just run a black steel wheel.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:54 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

new pics in the daylight

Old 01-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by aced411
Are you indicating that shiny chrome spoke wheels that look like they came off a pimped out Cadillac are somehow better? Black rims rock!
Yes. Give me chrome over spray bombed or full black wheels any day!

Old 01-10-2010, 07:46 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Zeeke98
Yes. Give me chrome over spray bombed or full black wheels any day!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:26 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Glad to hear my ride inspired you lol.
And everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have nothing wrong with people saying black rims look bad. I happen to really like them and think they look AWESOME painted. Especially on a black truck. My truck is much more uniform and matching now with the black rims. It looks 100% better IMO and it was such an easy and cheap transformation.
I think the pics in the OP don't really do the black rims justice. They were JUST painted it looks like and not at all dirty. Once they get a bit dirty and blend in more with the faded tires then they look a hell of a lot better (as seen in the daytime pics posted).

Old 01-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Starting Member
degaine_designs is on a distinguished road

They look good.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:19 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I happen to really like them and think they look AWESOME painted. Especially on a black truck.
You said it ^_^

Quick Reply: black rims