Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

black rims

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:50 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by zedartwo
True say about the Automated ones. I usually just toss the $3 minimum into the self serve ones to wash of the road salt and sand. Not really a wash, more like a shower after swimming lol
Yeah I would do that, BUT the last time I did that my truck turned into a giant ice cube and everything froze shut . It's just easier to wait until the weather warms up.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

We washed out truck once a few weeks ago, I think a few days after Christmas. Looked much nicer

Old 01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Zeeke98
He said chrome spoke, not chrome wires. There's lots of chrome spoke aluminum wheels out there.
what's on a bicycle?..............spokes........that look just like wire wheels from Dayton (to name but one manufacturer). so when he said spokes, i took it as wires.

so what you're saying is................unless it's a "wire wheel", it should be painted black? or silver? or white?.............just not chrome??? that's dumb. there are plenty of wheels (factory & aftermarket) that look good chrome or polished, but look like hack when painted (any colour). and the same goes the other way as well.

again, it all comes down to personal taste, and the # 1 question, "does it actually look good on my ride?". in his case (& Alex's), it does, but it's not my cup of tea. not because of the colour, but due to the rim.

still ugly as sin, IMO, but he did a quality job on them, they look well on the truck-and most important-he likes them!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:07 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I think if you look at some of the classic 5 spoke muscle car after market wheels... Can not think of the name of em, but its rounded chromed spokes the majority of the time... but those look damn good color matched to the car as well... I believe that they are some SS rim or something... I am at a loss...

Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wlorton
I think if you look at some of the classic 5 spoke muscle car after market wheels... Can not think of the name of em, but its rounded chromed spokes the majority of the time... but those look damn good color matched to the car as well... I believe that they are some SS rim or something... I am at a loss...
that would be the American Racing's vintage Torq Thrust D, seen here as a fine example.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:38 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
that would be the American Racing's vintage Torq Thrust D, seen here as a fine example.
YES!!!! exactly... I could not think of that to save my life..... I think I know about 5 people who had these... even a chick in my hs had a set on her olds conv. and it was an early 90's...

Old 01-13-2010, 06:50 AM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Wow didnt think i would get this big of a response!

Old 01-13-2010, 07:06 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pj5454302
hahaha, it never fails. I simple post about something as simple as painted rims turns into a big debate about painting or not painting rims. Oh well, makes for a good conversation

Old 01-13-2010, 06:18 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by pj5454302

wait.....what was the question again?............

Old 01-13-2010, 07:17 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Perhaps

Quick Reply: black rims