Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Blizzak DM-Z3 vs Blizzak DM-V1 winter tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Starting Member
pmezo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blizzak DM-Z3 vs Blizzak DM-V1 winter tires

I need a nice new set of winter tires and i'm deciding between the two blizzak tires in the subject. I know the z3's are damn good tires and are also on clearance for $95 at tirerack.com, but it looks like the v1's are the new blizzaks out this year and are the same price.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Any recommendations with what i should go with? what to do, what to do..?

Old 10-13-2009, 02:39 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

you could always Go REAL Cheap o And Do This o To Save Cash

or get these and have them studded. Save the cash and have winter rims to trash!

As for the 2 options above, the V's look better, the Z3's are tested and have proved themselves. In the end it's your call.

all listings are out of CT, near hartford hart fort? some crap like that

Last edited by ABN31B; 10-13-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Starting Member

Those studded tires don't look like they'd be that comfortable on dry roads. I'm looking for a mix so i don't really want to go with studded tires. I'm looking for a kind of all seasons tire, but more towards the winter seasons. These blizzaks look like they'd be good for everything especially the snow.

The z3's are proven which is why i like them. I know theyre good tires, but those v1's look pretty good too. I'm really 50/50 on this one.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:27 PM
BF Veteran

Was pointing out the studs because i thought you were talking winter tires like "holy-****- it's winter!!!" as you careen over a snowy/icy cliff. if you're just talking winter like crappy weather but-not-the-next-ice-age style, then the reviews on those tell basically the same story. only difference, one is a newer design. If your split 50/50, buy 2 of each and rotate them until you find the best mix
or more logically, eeny-meeny-miney-moe...

I dig the z3's

Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Starting Member

Yeah I'm probably going to go with the z3's. Those are proven tires so I'm a little more comfortable spending $400 on those than something that hasn't really been tested even though I'm sure they both solid tires.

Right now I've got some bald goodyear wrangler oem's that came with the car when I bought it about a year ago so I'm sure I'm going to see a nice improvement when I get my new blizzaks.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

If you plan to run these in warm weather then skip the Blizzaks. They have a super soft almost foam rubber compound that wears super fast in warm weather and dry roads. Go with Firestone Winterforce tires. They are a full rubber compound and kick *** in snow. They give up a little on ice traction to Blizzaks but are cheaper and last a lot longer. I have been running them on all my vehicles for the last 5 years or so. I used to run Blizzaks before that but would wind up wearing out the rears in a winter.

Old 10-14-2009, 05:49 PM
BF Veteran

Also, if you want to support a Forum sponsor, the dunlop banner at the top of the page has a $50 rebate on 4 snow tires... M3s since you dont need RunOnFlat unless you're a bad ***

Old 10-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Starting Member

I actually ended up skipping on the blizzaks and bought the Firestone winterforces. For $60 a tire instead of $100 for the blizzaks it's a much better deal. Everything i read it seems like the winterforces are a steal for the price so i just went with them and that was before i read zeeke's recommendation. Glad to hear another positive thing about the tires. Hopefully ill have the same experience with them.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

Feel free to send me a set. I gotta order em soon so I can get em on my spare rims and be ready when snow hits.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:05 AM
coldsteel2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABN31B
you could always Go REAL Cheap o And Do This o To Save Cash

or get these and have them studded. Save the cash and have winter rims to trash!

As for the 2 options above, the V's look better, the Z3's are tested and have proved themselves. In the end it's your call.

all listings are out of CT, near hartford hart fort? some crap like that
Where can I have my tires studded?
Thank you,
Philip

Quick Reply: Blizzak DM-Z3 vs Blizzak DM-V1 winter tires