Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Blizzak DM-Z3 vs Blizzak DM-V1 winter tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pmezo
I actually ended up skipping on the blizzaks and bought the Firestone winterforces.
i just bought those Winterforce tires today, to replace my burnt out Blazzak's. how have you found them so far this Winter?

Old 12-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

We've had a lot of ice this winter here in west Michigan and they're not as great on ice as Bizzaks, but they last a lot longer and are a lot cheaper. They kick *** in deep snow. I went two tracking on melty, icy trails with my 4x4 Jimmy last winter. The one wheel peel of my 2wd Blazer doesn't cut it on ice. I need a posi!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:00 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Zeeke98
We've had a lot of ice this winter here in west Michigan and they're not as great on ice as Bizzaks, but they last a lot longer and are a lot cheaper.
naturally, but how often do you have to deal with just ice alone?

and your last comment is why i went with the Winterforce over the Blizzak's. but if i had the extra cash, i would've went with the Winter I*Pike from Hankook.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:11 PM
Starting Member

For me, I've been dealing with it almost daily for the last month. All the back roads I have to take are ice and don't get cleaned as well as main roads. We've had lots of freezing rain or snow that warms up then melts and freezes again. I'm not a fan of Hankook tires at all.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:06 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by Zeeke98
All the back roads I have to take are ice and don't get cleaned as well as main roads.
that says it all right there brother.

since i travel down to the city for work, i mostly drive paved roads, so the few (dirt) side roads near my house aren't to great of a concern for me.

besides, i drive way to much for Blizzak's. they're an awsome tire, kinda up there on price, but when i put over 20K on them in a winter, they don't last too long.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:36 AM
Starting Member

You can get 20K on a set of Blizzaks??? I would usually wind up burning my rears off enough in the winter that I'd really need another set the next winter as they weren't deep enough tread to work well anymore. I did get about 3 winter's worth of use out of the Blizzaks I had on my Blazer one winter then on my wife's Jeep for two more and I think they had about another year's worth of use in them before needing replacement.