Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Broke laws of tire size being relative to the lift you have.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Starting Member
JS_blazer is on a distinguished road

I do already have tires, but I want new ones. Thanks a bunch for the links. But the only problem I have is that I'm on a budget

Old 04-26-2010, 08:50 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by JS_blazer
But the only problem I have is that I'm on a budget
Aren't we all these days...how much are you looking to spend? and do you want 4 or or a fifth for a spare?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Starting Member

I'm a broke teenager. I have around 500 max. so I'm gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel. and only 4

Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

I'm a broke teenager. I have around 500 max. so I'm gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel. and only 4
lol im in the same boat, 16 years old and nothin to spend haha,

check these tires out...http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...r=15&x=35&y=12...this is what tire rack has for those sizes

Old 04-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Starting Member

i like those. but i just wish they had boggers in my size

Old 04-27-2010, 09:07 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

im not calling you a lair but I find it hard to believe that those fit without rubbing. I have 33s with 9in of lift and they rub offroad. My 31s caught the top of the front fender onroad if i was turning just right and hit a bump. That was with a 2in bodylift a tbar crank. Im betting if you keep 32s on there the top and back of your front fender will be all chewed up within a month along with your tires. My tires have quite a few good cuts in them from that happening

Old 04-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Starting Member

I promise you they fit. But like I said, I have a little bit of rubbing and I know I can't go offroad.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your top view picture doesn't agree with your measurement statement. I get a little larger than a 30" tire comparing the 15" rim size to the tire OD (giving allowance for the rim lip).

The fact that it rubs means that it doesn't 'fit'. If it rubs just under normal on road driving, try turning + un-level ground at it and you may end up tearing your truck and tire up. This isn't even considering that a new 32" tire will be larger in diameter than those used ones.

Also, the fact that it only rubs 'a little' means that your suspension is likely not at stock height either. A body lift might buy you a bit more room, but not enough to actually use those tires.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BlazerGuy2001

I bout flipped out when I saw it. I had to get a friend to look to make sure I wasn't going crazy. I doubt I'll get any bigger. I would love 35's, but that's a little much.
ha good luck on 35's lol, thats a stupid amount of trimming and a ton of lift! its possible, just alot of money and effort involved!
Even to get 35s on a Silverado without any trimming, you have to jack up the truck at least 6".

Old 04-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Your top view picture doesn't agree with your measurement statement. I get a little larger than a 30" tire comparing the 15" rim size to the tire OD (giving allowance for the rim lip).

The fact that it rubs means that it doesn't 'fit'. If it rubs just under normal on road driving, try turning + un-level ground at it and you may end up tearing your truck and tire up. This isn't even considering that a new 32" tire will be larger in diameter than those used ones.

Also, the fact that it only rubs 'a little' means that your suspension is likely not at stock height either. A body lift might buy you a bit more room, but not enough to actually use those tires.
1. Because I took the picture with the tire off to have more room to show what I was talking about. The pieces I rub on.

2. It's hard for me to explain, but it scrapes a little. Not exactly rubs. Plus I took it to a long dirt road near my house and tried it out with a friend running/walking beside me. And the tire is 31 and 15/16 inches high. That is technically a 31" tire, but it's close enough.

3. I haven't done anything to the suspension at all. It is legit stock.

and about the 35's, that's just a dream.

Last edited by JS_blazer; 04-28-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Broke laws of tire size being relative to the lift you have.