Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Can i manage 31's for a week with no lift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Beginning Member
uncle larrys oranges is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can i manage 31's for a week with no lift?

Im putting tires on my blazer tomorrow (31x10.5x15) but i dont have a lift. my shackles are coming in about a week and thats when ill crank my torsion bars and get my allignment... yada yada yada. basically i just need to know if I can manage with no lift for a week. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-05-2010, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

depends on what you plan to drive in the week... drive straight in all directions over level ground at low speeds? SURE!!

rally race her through a road that looks like a giant alligator's back for 7 days straight? not so much... i would just let it be man...

have the alignment guys mount and balance your 31's... play it safe thats just me...

Old 01-05-2010, 10:10 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

from what i know, no, it won't clear.

why don't you just wait the week for your other parts to come in?

damn it! i keep forgeting to "refresh" a page before replying. didn't see your reply Curtis.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Beginning Member

im doing it at the technical school i go to and tommorow is basically the only day ill be able to for a while. Im not gonna pay $80 to have people put my tires on and balance them when i can do it for free. My shackles wont be here for another week though and obviously i will rub but can i manage without damage? i wont be doing any offroading during the week, just driving to work and school. i also have 4.5" of backspacing if that helps

Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran

if you are gonna balance and mount then HELL YES wait. not worht tearing up your new meat just for the hell of it. wait until they are on to do that

Old 01-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Beginning Member

but what damage would i really be doing? with the 4.5" of backspacing i dont think they would rub too bad on turns would they?

Old 01-05-2010, 11:03 PM
BF Veteran

damage like this

not to mention chewing up the tires a bit. the last thing you need is to hit a pot hole and munch your fender... really. just be a bit patient.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

nice, is that a custom grind on the sway bar? if so, did it stop the full lock rub?

Old 01-06-2010, 12:34 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by uncle larrys oranges
but what damage would i really be doing? with the 4.5" of backspacing i dont think they would rub too bad on turns would they?
that will make it even worse.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:41 AM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

If you hit any relatively large sized pot hole going more than 5 mph, then you will rip the top of your fender out like I did wheelin one day... not good. Best bet would be to wait a weak. Not to mention if you turn you will tear up your rear fender well in the front as you can see in the picture posted by ABN31B.

Quick Reply: Can i manage 31's for a week with no lift?