Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Corvette C5 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:14 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough
Default Corvette C5 wheels

i know the 4x4s never really have issues with any type of backspacing because you guys are lucky SOBs.

But, i found some c5 wheels like GregWs for 200 on craigslist, talked to the guy, said the chrome isn't the greatest but could look great if painted (i'm thinking black of course)..... But here is my problem, the only backspacing i've found that actually looks legitimate says the fronts have 7" of backspacing and the rears have 8. so, does that mean that i can't run them without some crazy a** spacing like 3-4 inches of space for the rear or what? if i can do it with a 2-2.5 inch spacer i'd do it, i'm just a complete noob when it comes to wheels

Old 05-30-2010, 02:46 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mess with two different size rims purely for rotation's sake.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:52 PM
BF Veteran

Other than that though, what would need to be done?

I get my tires mounted and balanced/ rotated for free because my
neighbor owns 8 belle tire stores in the area and i do a lot of work at their house when he's away in Florida or wherever they may be

Old 05-30-2010, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

So you're going to just rotate them side to side or you're going to have a spare set of tires to rotate in and out for both front and rear?

Here's a quick snippet of the info I found:
2wd= 2.25"-3" spacers depending on particular Gen (C4, 5, or 6) and desired distance from fenderwell
You may still rub at full lock though.

My brother is running close to 3" adapter/spacers on his 1st Gen 2wd S10 on some GTO wheels and that much of a spacer bothers me, but to each his own.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:19 AM
BF Veteran

Ok, well then i'm going to say scrap that idea and just paint my stocks. Keep the silver the way they are and paint the gray inner black or something similar. Thanks TBB

Old 06-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
Ok, well then i'm going to say scrap that idea and just paint my stocks. Keep the silver the way they are and paint the gray inner black or something similar. Thanks TBB
PICS ARE A MUST! I toyed with that idea for so long on mine before seeing Z28 rims on a Blazer. If I hadn't done the Z28 rims then I would have done that. so I'm curious as to what it will look like once done.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran

That will be way later this summer... i have my money tied up in a few other things. I have a deal going with my brother about some amazing amps

Old 06-02-2010, 07:42 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

the black on the rims will be interesting. I've thought about this, too. I want to see how they come out.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:12 PM
BF Veteran

I'll let you guys know later when i'm not in class for 5 hours a day, coaching little league, and working... work will be a nice break from everything else haha...

Anyways, back on topic, when i do end up doing this, should i completely black it out? should i just dust over it? gloss black? flat black? what do you think?

if any of you remember eurogold (i think) aka Brent Evans or EvansBlue on chevrolet forum, he did this and thats where i got my idea, i like it on his but i think i'll get a different look on mine with the color.

http://chevroletforum.com/forum/pict...pictureid=1256

Last edited by MTopper; 06-02-2010 at 09:20 PM.