Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Corvette Rallies

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Beginning Member
Chandler is on a distinguished road
Default Corvette Rallies

Hey everyone, thanks to all who replied on my muffler thread, I've decided on a Magnaflow and I'll have that done as soon as I build up the funds a little. After the muffler, my next upgrade is going to be wheels and tires and I think I've settled on one specific kind, but I'd like to see them on a Blazer and I've yet to see any on here. So, I'll just ask the question. I'm looking at a set of 15x8 Corvette Rallies with 4 inches of backspacing. I believe they'll work okay with the stock tire size (planning on going with some white letter Cooper Cobra Radials or some BFG Radial T/As) but I'd just like to see a set on a 2wd Blazer before I make up my mind. I saw a few pics on an S-10 forum but they were mostly trucks and most of the people had 15x7s. For anybody who doesn't know what a Corvette Rally is, you can look at the link below. Sometimes they're referred to as Chevrolet Rallies or Chevelle Rallies but I've always known them as Corvette Rallies. And if I decide on these, I'm going to use the disc brake center caps with a standard width beauty band. Thanks for any pics or advice!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WVI-30-583404/

Old 03-09-2010, 10:19 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

hmmm...............i know i had a couple of pic's kickin' around here of those wheels on my '84 Blazer & an extended cab that i had, i've just gotta find them.

back in a bit.....................

Old 03-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks old skool. I figured it would be kinda/sorta unique if nothing else. I always liked the look of the 'Vette Rallies and I figured they'd look good on my truck.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Beginning Member

Okay everyone, I may have changed my mind about wheels. I was looking through Summit's site last night and found these. I think these with some white letter tires would really set my truck off. I know the Soft 8s are popular with the 4wd guys, so I'll ask you this. Anyone had any trouble with their wheels or center caps rusting or anything like that? I think I'm going to get the center caps shown because I like the way the Cragar looks stamped in them. Anyway, maybe soon I'll find a job so I can start buying some parts. Thanks for the input.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3425834/

Last edited by Chandler; 03-13-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Added wheel link
Old 03-13-2010, 11:15 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

depending on what the look of your truck is gonna be, those would work. going for the murdered look, those would definately fit the bill, but i'd opt for a black cap.

kinda hard to give an opinion, since we haven't seen a pic of your truck.

and i'm sorry i didn't post a pic yet of those Corvette rallye wheels (not that it matter's anymore) but i've lost one of my big photo albums, so it seems i'm missing a s**t load of pic's!

Old 03-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks old skool, and it's cool about the pic of the Rallies, I know how it is to hunt stuff you know you have and still not find it, lol. As for pics, I'm trying to get a few to put on here, but it's been raining and dreary outside for almost a week and my truck is a mess so I want to get it cleaned up before I try to take any pictures. I'll try to have them up soon. Thanks for the suggestion, too, I'll take a look at the black caps.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:54 AM
97Blazer92Sonoma91Jeep is on a distinguished road
Default Since you like the look of corvette rallies....

What do you think of these?
I have been looking at them for hours trying to picture them on my " black 97 blazer 4 dr. 4x4 " .. 15" Rally Wheels, Bolt pattern is 5 X 4.75" circle bolt pattern. Included are 4- Hub Caps and 4- Rings. Wheels and Hub Caps in excellent condition, If they fit, i think it will be worth the drive to get em.

earlier today i told myself that i wasn't going in this direction, then i saw these...

Old 04-08-2010, 08:20 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Classy.

I'm not sure what the backspacing is, but they'd definitely bolt up.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 PM
97Blazer92Sonoma91Jeep is on a distinguished road

Wheels are 2- 15" X 8" , 5 X 4.75" with 4.25" setback and 2- 15" X 9" , 5 X 4.75" with 5.25" setback ....." I just realized that they are different sizes " would 15" x 9" be too much for the rear ?
Is 4.25", and 5.25" backspacing ideal ?

Old 04-08-2010, 10:10 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

If my math is correct... the fronts at 4.25 would stick out more than the rears... meaning it'd look funky, but does setback=backspacing?

Quick Reply: Corvette Rallies