Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Dent/Dip on sidewall in new tires??

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road
Default Dent/Dip on sidewall in new tires??

i got 2 new tires put on the front of my 95 Blazer. and just the other day i noticed that they have dent/dip in the sidewall of the tires and at around 70mph the steering starts to shake. i noiticed lately. one other person i read had vibration also. searched on google and people say its neigther good or bad i should have them replace. others say tires are fine just dont do sharp turns and stuff. that its a cosmitic issue. some say thats some tires show more than other and its how its put together and theres nothing wrong. i want to know if the tires safe and stuf. but i would like other people opition on here. my bak tires dont have any dents or dips in the side wall and there alot older and have less wear on them. the place i bought the tires from said i'll be fine but i dont think i will. and input would be helpfull

Old 07-12-2010, 11:34 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I don't know a whole ton about tires but I wouldn't buy a set of new tires if they had anything wrong with them. I would probably talk to the company and try to get them to exchange them.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I would return them.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:18 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to have the store where you bought the tires check them out, but most tire companies today consider things like that a 'cosmetic' issue and will do nothing. Good luck.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Only tires I've ever had that did that were Uniroyals and didn't have any problems with them, though I never liked the way they looked. If the vibration wasn't there before the new tires I'd have the shop rebalance them. If it is still there I'd be demanding new tires.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

the GoodYear Viva 2's that are on my Blazer for the moment, have that exact same look to the sidewall (only on 2 of them though). pretty noticable.........about 3/8 to 1/2" dip.

but that's ok, i got the tires for free, and they'll only be on for this Summer. i also put them on the rear, just incase there was any balancing issue.

actually, i think one of the front tires needed almost double the 1.5oz that the rears needed.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:10 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

i got dents in 3 of my tires after 40000 miles tires are half worn. Never had a problem with them. went wheeling and everything.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

the dents in the tires are where the belts overlap/meet eachother, it's normal. You need to bring it to a place that has a road force variation tire ballancer and match mount the tire to the rim properly to get rid of the vibration