Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

General Grabber AT2

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 09:06 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default General Grabber AT2

How do these tires do in the mud and snow? Will they compare to the BFG All-Terrain? I am getting new tires on 10/21/06 and still havent decided..... I really don't want to pay the $120 each for the BFG's so if I can get a comparable 30x9.5 for less, please let me know........

Old 10-15-2006, 10:13 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: General Grabber AT2

ORIGINAL: a_tack

How do these tires do in the mud and snow? Will they compare to the BFG All-Terrain? I am getting new tires on 10/21/06 and still havent decided..... I really don't want to pay the $120 each for the BFG's so if I can get a comparable 30x9.5 for less, please let me know........
They are actually better then the leading A/T( BFG) are quieter on the highway and great in the mud, snow hasnt arrived yet but they are also on national backorder for atleast 2 more months. I wanted them but needed new shoes now, got yokohama geolander at-s's instead, try tirerack.com they seem to be fairly cheaper then retail and if you have a tire kingdom/NTB near you its only 12 bucks a tire for mount and balance.

I run 30x9.5x15 as well. You got alot of choices, I dont like BFG, I think their tires blow but thats just my personal experience talking.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:29 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

There is a dealership in my hometown that told me they can get them overnight and will match tirerack.com's price.... I normally give them all of my tire business...... I think i'm going to by them.... I heard through the grapevinbe that General is made by BF Goodrich... any truth to this rumor??

Old 10-15-2006, 11:27 PM

I dont think so, general has been its own company for a long time, but im not certain in todays white collar world. If they match see if they match the install price too. I want em and am still going to order them but im going with a suspension lift and gonna get them in 32's

Old 10-16-2006, 01:42 AM

Thanks for the help... I'm gonna go ahead and hopefully get them this upcoming weekend. . . the longest I would have to wait is the 28th. . . . Ill post some new pics when I get it done, because im also putting on a push bar, wheel spacers, and maybe cranking the front an inch.....

Old 10-16-2006, 08:54 AM

Nice, yeah you will like em, especially the wheel lip guard just like BFG A/T's have. I wish id have em on now but these yokohama's are actually very aggressive in the mud. The generals will be here by xmas for me, now its time to find some steelies. Good Luck with the project.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:28 PM

I withdraw my previous statement.... turns out the tire guy in town lied. . . he now wants $164 a tire for the grabbers!!! WTF!?!?! Then he wants $11 each for mount and balance..... screw him. . . the tires aren't regular stock in my area and it would be hard to get one replaced if needed.... I found a guy who will get me the BFG's next day, mount and balance, with roadside for $517..... so im just goin with those to save me the headache.... thanks anyways. .

Old 10-17-2006, 03:11 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Your gonna like those BFG KO's.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:23 AM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

I paied 530 out the door for 4 BFG mud terrains mounted road force balanced and siped. Though I think the AT's are a little more expensive but the price sounds about right. You should get a ton of milage out of them too.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: tommyd

I paied 530 out the door for 4 BFG mud terrains mounted road force balanced and siped. Though I think the AT's are a little more expensive but the price sounds about right. You should get a ton of milage out of them too.
The M/T's are a little more expensive then A/T's normally. The A/T's will last you a while but you need to be careful with em, their contact patch well lack there of is kinda tricky on the road, jsut got to drive it as the weather calls for now. Good Luck with em, I hope you enjoy em more then I did.

Quick Reply: General Grabber AT2