Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

got my wheels finally!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 10:56 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

they look even better on her! 4" BS? can you get an "along the side" shot to show the pokie-outty bits?

you need to mud them up like the rest of her now

Old 02-15-2011, 11:38 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

looks good. luuuuv that pic! those wheels look so outta place! (shiney 'n clean, on a muddy truck)

what flares do you plan on running?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Beginning Member
Jerb is on a distinguished road

well i gave them a good trying out today in a pasture filled with mud, pretty happy how it gets around, i took the running boards off tonight, i have a mixed decision if i like it better with or without them, did give me a little more tire clearance, gonna have to trim a small amount off the fender so i can get in the rough stuff without fear of it tearing up a fender or the tire, old skool luvr i am gonna use flexi-flares, the 2 1/2'' wide style with the wire reinforced outer edge, gonna wait till the weekend to put them on as well as the rear spacers and fender trim! i will get some more pics!

Old 02-16-2011, 11:45 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sounds good brother.

you should like those flares, Rottidog sure does!

Old 02-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Beginning Member

i am trying to decide how far to go down with the flares on the fender, are there any pics of Rottidog's ride on here? i looked at lenny's pics, but cant tell how far he went on the back with his flares, thanks guys!

took a pic tonight with it a little cleaner and the running boards off, gonna spray something on the frame rails, probably some under coating, i did put the 1 1/2'' wheel spacers on the back tonight, cleaned off the face of the axle flange with a wire brush, used loc-tite and torgued the spacers in 3 increments, put about 15-20 miles on it to ease my mind a little, not crazy about them, but they look to be a nice piece, ill get the flares on a get it cleaned up and take some good pics this weekend, thanks everybody for the compliments, Tim,

Attached Thumbnails got my wheels finally!-blazer.jpg  

Last edited by swartlkk; 02-18-2011 at 07:10 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:46 PM
BF Guru

you can go to his garage to see what pic's he has in there (don't recall @ the moment).

Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jerb
took a pic tonight with it a little cleaner and the running boards off, gonna spray something on the frame rails, probably some under coating, i did put the 1 1/2'' wheel spacers on the back tonight, cleaned off the face of the axle flange with a wire brush, used loc-tite and torgued the spacers in 3 increments, put about 15-20 miles on it to ease my mind a little, not crazy about them, but they look to be a nice piece, ill get the flares on a get it cleaned up and take some good pics this weekend, thanks everybody for the compliments, Tim,
Def. like it better without step boards. It looks much more better now.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:20 AM
Beginning Member

DKSDAD...have you had any issues with t-bars cranked 1 1/2''? i was planning on lifting a little in the front, but this is my daily driver, so kinda wondering about cv wear, the running boards gone are growing on me, not use to them not hitting my leg when i get out...lol, i think it does look a lot cleaner without them....thanks!