Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Help a new Canadian guy out.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Beginning Member
Yamitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help a new Canadian guy out.

Great forum,first time poster, long time reader.I have spent quite some time searching for black aftermarket wheels that wont break the bank and look good for a 2001 Jimmy 4x4. Found nothing with the correct backspacing. Help a brotha out let me know what wheels will work, brand, website etc. I gonna be using 30/9.50/15 for tires.At this rate i am considering powdercoatingthe stock wheels, but would reallylike a different style. Thanks .

Old 10-24-2007, 11:02 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Help a new Canadian guy out.

these are the closest i can find... 5" backspacing instead of 6"

Old 10-25-2007, 06:18 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

those would be nice and i arent to expensive

Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Beginning Member

I like em, dont appear to have center caps available though. Got a quote today for sandblasting and powdercoating the stockers, 90.00 a wheel. Of course i would have to paint the center caps though. I really like the Pro Comp rock crawlers, but have read about the wheels hanging out the fenders and rubbing issues on the frame and fenders. The fender rub isnt a problem, i can mod the fenders, but the frame rub........... Thanks for the replies. I will post some pics after i am done painting, tore it apart second day i bought it.Painting will happen next weekend hopefully.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

good luck to you lookin forward to some pics

Old 10-25-2007, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i would think that with less backspacing it would cause less rub on the frame. the wheels are further out so it would be harder for them to come in contact with the frame...

i have been thinking about getting wheel spacers because i like the look of the wheel sticking out a little further. however i dont know if they will fit nicely once i get my bigger tires

Old 10-25-2007, 11:17 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

With less back spacing and the same size tire it could cause problems rubbing on the fenders but not the frame. If you get larger than 10.5" tires without any difference in backspacing or getting wheel spacers you would definately rub the frame. I would say get some procomp rock crawlers with 4" of back spacing and then depending on if you are lifting it or not get tires between these heights/widths: stockheight: 30"x9.5" max, 2" bodylift 30x9.5" would be good if doing 31x10.5 need less backspacing than stock (so about 4" backspacing, whether it be new wheels or 2" wheel spacers), 2" t-bar crank/suspension lift 31x10.5" tires would be good. Hope this helps.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:54 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the info guys, how bout this. Front rockcrawlers with 4in backspacing, and rear rockcrawlers with 3in backspacing with 15x7 wheels.Would this even out the front and rear width differences.Again the tires used will be 30/950/15. The only issue would be the trimming of the fenders, correct? Or should i fab up 2in shackles and do tbar crank also. Sorry about all the questions, new to the 4x4 world.Thanks again.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

4wheelparts.com has rock crawlers with 4.5" backspacing. That's what I purchased for my blazer.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Beginning Member

ORIGINAL: nj4x4blaze

4wheelparts.com has rock crawlers with 4.5" backspacing. That's what I purchased for my blazer.
Any pics?