Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

I got new wheels

Old 10-29-2010, 02:54 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default I got new wheels

I picked up some rims for $20. Not the greatest, but for $20 you can't go wrong. They need paint and new tires (any recommendations?)

They need a lot of work, gotta pick up some sand paper. 1 is chrome, 1 is gunmetal dark gray, one is a mixture of gray/rust, and the last is pure rust. And all have different tires lol

Old 10-29-2010, 04:11 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I'm right there with you man, I picked up a set of 2WD S10 wheels for $20 from a guy on craigslist last week. They've been sitting in storage for the past 12 years and fortunately there's only a small 3-5" area of rust on one rim that I've nearly sanded all away.

I plan on painting mine black.

Old 10-29-2010, 04:51 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Awesome

Old 10-29-2010, 08:37 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

I love how we are all thinking the same thing. I have 3 factory steel spares now counting the one on my carrier that I want to paint either black or hammer tone and install when I need new tires preferably 31's. This is the style I am going with. Oh to answer your question I would paint them black the match the truck.

Attached Thumbnails I got new wheels-003.jpg  

Last edited by DKSDAD; 10-29-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:22 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DKSDAD
Oh to answer your question I would paint them black the match the truck.
x2

I just got a couple light coats of primer on and it made a huge difference. With a black truck like yours, a solid black-out would look best.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:57 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
x2

I just got a couple light coats of primer on and it made a huge difference. With a black truck like yours, a solid black-out would look best.

Looking good!!

Old 10-30-2010, 11:31 AM
BF Veteran

Looks good so far! Gonna stand them today

Old 10-30-2010, 08:06 PM
BF Veteran

Sanded, primed, and painted. Need one more coat, but I ran out. Looks I'll be buying some tomorrow so I can get the wheels under-cover so Halloween kids don't vandalize or steal them haha..

Some more pics:

Would look cool in some off-road tires, just can't afford them

Old 10-30-2010, 09:27 PM
BF Veteran

Looks good man, that one is really rusty... Did it come off easily or did you just paint over it? I can't pick it out of the group pics so you whatever you did to it looks pretty good.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:03 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Looks a lot nicer after some paint.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I got new wheels