Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

I got new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 07:38 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I sanded it as much as I could, until no more rust would come off, so I just painted it.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:34 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

On the rack

First wheel on

All mounted and ready to go.

I'll get some photos with my "real" camera tomorrow.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Do they sit any wider than stock? and is that scratch on the right side of the wheel from the mounting machine or from them moving the weights around? After painting mine, I'm afraid they might get scratched up some during the mounting..

Old 11-11-2010, 06:22 PM
BF Veteran

Same width as stock.

That's actually not a scratch, when I took off the weights there was chrome under. I painted them with the weights on haha!

A little scratches from the weight removal tool. Nothing big.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:30 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
Same width as stock.

That's actually not a scratch, when I took off the weights there was chrome under. I painted them with the weights on haha!

A little scratches from the weight removal tool. Nothing big.

Yeah on mine, there's a few spots that need sanding and touching up but I'm gonna wait til I get tires mounted so then I can paint the weights along with them and any scratches that may occur..

Looks good though, just need to wash all that mud off lol

Old 11-11-2010, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran

Next year I will, lol.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:46 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Just ask for the rim weights to be put on the inside of the rim...no nasty scratches on the outside! Hopefully your tire guy will know what hes doing. I didnt get any scratches on the clear coat when I had my steelies mounted. Then again I didnt carefully inspect em...nothing jumped out though.

Can you get some clear coat/protector on em so the paintjob isnt so fragile?

Old 11-12-2010, 07:10 AM
BF Veteran

Already did. So not sure why it scratches easy. Been dry over a week