Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Kumho Solus KR21

Old 06-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Starting Member
jmaynard is on a distinguished road
Default Kumho Solus KR21

I need new tires. I'm looking at the Kumho Solus KR21s, which seem to get good reviews everywhere I've looked. Anyone here had them for a while? My driving is 95% highway, 5% in town, and I need good snow traction here in rural southern Minnesota. Quiet is nice, too, but not at the expense of bad weather. I don't expect to ever do anything resembling serious 4-wheeling.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Beginning Member
bstocksblazer is on a distinguished road

Ive run them for the last 40,000 miles. They are all around decent, but the high tread wear didnt result in long life, not sure what that number really means. Noise is slight at highway speeds when they are new. Never enough to bother me at all, just noticeable if you listen hard. Snow traction is amazing. Snow is rare here in NC but we did get a serious ice storm, but I was riding around on top of the ice rink roads with no problems. One draw back: NO OFFROAD TRACTION. I didnt know that tires could have so little grip on mud or even grass. They slip with even a slight slope if your traveling in reverse. I would definetly buy them again, but not this time. My blazer has 200,000 miles on it and will soon be discontinued as my daily driver(read mud tires, lift and rhino liner-everywhere).