Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightest stock wheel?

Old 04-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Beginning Member
nervousmini is on a distinguished road
Default Lightest stock wheel?

Hey there, new to the forum and thought I'd jump in with my 1st question right away.

Does anyone know which of the stock wheels (alloy or steel) is the lightest? I am trying to shave as much weight as possible from my 97 blazer and I have the stock saw blade (not sure what everyone else calls them), and am wondering if there is another wheel out there that weighs less.

Thanks for your help

Old 04-26-2009, 04:14 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I know my factory wheels are pretty light, probably about the same as yours. Aluminum wheels are always gonna be lighter than steel. My blackspokes are far more heavier than my stockers but I have never weighed the difference. You are on the right track though... the less unsprung weight the better.

Old 05-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Beginning Member
nervousmini is on a distinguished road

Seriously, does anybody have any ideas here?????

Old 05-01-2009, 09:00 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

go to a junkyard find two different sets of rims and pick them up which ever one is harder to pick up is heavier.