Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Looking to buy new tires.

Old 05-22-2015, 04:11 PM
Beginning Member
nstlol is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys but now I'm at even more of a problem after reading your replies. I definitely want to get new wheels first and the wheels I was looking at were these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/brw-997581237 but the crossroad I have arrived at is what size to go with? I'm most likely not going to be lifting any time soon (but it is planned for the future). If I go with the 15s should i get 15x8 or 15x7 etc. What's the best wheel size? I want 30 inch tires with an aggressive tread, definitely and I will look into some of the ones you have recommended.

Would a bigger wheel just look ridiculous on a stock height blazer?

Edit: Now I found these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pc...omp-series-152 which are pretty much the same thing but they are cheaper...I'm not sure if I should go Matte or Gloss paint or even black for that matter. Does anyone have a pewter blazer with these type of wheels on it in either the cast finish or black?

Last edited by nstlol; 05-22-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Beginning Member

So I just ordered these wheels: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/brw-997573442 Should everything be okay with them? What do you think the biggest tire size I can go is on them?

Old 06-03-2015, 04:48 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Without any type of lift I wouldnt go any bigger than 30 inch. As for tread it depends if your on the road more than wheeling or not. I like the rims

Old 06-03-2015, 06:36 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks newguy. I'll probably stick with around 30 or 29 just to avoid rubbing at all costs. Probably still gonna go with the A/T just deciding on which brand or not. Might even hit some AS due to all the highway driving I do more than off road driving. I just hope the 4.25 backspace on a 15x7 will widen my stance a little bit and I didn't mess up by not going with the 15x8 4.5 backspace but they also didn't have that in matte, so I don't know.

Last edited by nstlol; 06-03-2015 at 06:54 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:46 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

I have Cooper Discoverer A/T3's and they've been great for highway travel. I generally am on the interstate at least once a week traveling ~30 miles above 75mph and another ~30 doing anywhere from 55-70mph, that all being one way so I do that twice, and I haven't had a problem with them. They balanced great on the stock rims and I haven't noticed much increase in volume, even at those speeds. Plus when I want to play around in the dirt they do great there too

Last edited by lazyboyjake; 06-03-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Beginning Member

Lazyboyjake thank you, I'm actually interested in the Cooper a/t3s although, I'm not worried about volume cuz I always have my music turned up to obnoxious levels. I have them in my shopping cart along with a few others ever since you mentioned them earlier in the thread. I just wish they were a little more aggressive looking you know. Do you happen to know how they are in sand? Oh and I also took your advice from your earlier posts and ditched those stupid mudflaps haha.

Old 06-03-2015, 09:40 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I got you. And no. I don't live anywhere near sand so they haven't had to tackle them. And way to go on the mudflaps. Those things are just useless in my opinion.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:14 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

It will widen your stance, almost 2 inches on each side

Old 06-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Beginning Member

word guys thanks for your help, once i get em on i'll be sure to post pics

Old 06-20-2015, 05:18 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by lazyboyjake
I have Cooper Discoverer A/T3's and they've been great for highway travel. I generally am on the interstate at least once a week traveling ~30 miles above 75mph and another ~30 doing anywhere from 55-70mph, that all being one way so I do that twice, and I haven't had a problem with them. They balanced great on the stock rims and I haven't noticed much increase in volume, even at those speeds. Plus when I want to play around in the dirt they do great there too
What size are they like the aspect and stuff? I'm going to buy within this week, only thing I have to go off of is the way they look on your blazer, which I like.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to buy new tires.