Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Looking into new tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Starting Member
AllEiz0nMe is on a distinguished road
Default Looking into new tires

So I'm eventually going to get some new tires for the Blazer. I was looking on tire rack today was gonna get the bfg m/t because I hear they wear pretty well on paved roads but I seen some dick cepek crushers. They look awesome but really don't say what type of tire it is. Anyone have dick cepek's? How good are they? Any info is greatly appreciated!! Here's what the tire looks like http://www.tirerack.com/tires/BigPic...e1=yes&place=6

Old 05-06-2009, 06:17 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

wat kind of driving are you gonna be doing?? id say stick with an AT if ur gonna be about 50/50 on off road (either BFG's or the General Grabbers) but if ur gonna be mostly off road id go with the BFG MT's i know a few ppl running them and they have nothing but good things to say.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

My BFG M/T's did not wear all that well, but I do not think that the previous owner ever rotated them so that may be. They are LOUD though. I will keep them around for summer time play, but they sucked in the snow. Probably due to the 12.5" wide tread! I want to get some 33x9.5 or 33x10.5 BFG A/T's for my everyday use.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Starting Member
AllEiz0nMe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikeinwi
wat kind of driving are you gonna be doing?? id say stick with an AT if ur gonna be about 50/50 on off road (either BFG's or the General Grabbers) but if ur gonna be mostly off road id go with the BFG MT's i know a few ppl running them and they have nothing but good things to say.
Yeah we ran into a guy last time we went out that had the bfg's he had nothing but good things to say about them also. Driving...My truck is probably driven under 6k a year. It is my daily driver and once or twice a month out to the spot we do our off roading at. The one's I have on there now are 35 12.5 15 bfg a/t.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, if you are doing well with those, keep them. They are a heck of a tire.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:20 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

yea as long as ur BFG's meet ur needs i dont see a reason to change.