Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Lug nut covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 02:28 AM
theonetrueapex is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lug nut covers

I recently bought a Blazer with factory rims. And in true Chevy style it has the same plastic lug covers on it that I give my roommate such a hard time about. Any recommendations on what to do about these? I am missing about 5 of them and I want all of them to match. Should I just buy 20+ (incase a few more come off) plastic covers and put new ones on all the lugs or buy the chrome alternatives? Do the chrome ones look sharp? Thanks for your opinions.

Old 12-14-2007, 04:42 AM
fullmetal918 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lug nut covers

if you haave an advance auto parts nearby i ordered some replacements for mine from them for like 20 bucks.hope this helps because i had all but four missing and yeah i had to make a choice,and the regular lug nuts just werent cool enough :P[&:]

Old 12-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you just don't want to deal with them, get some different lug nuts.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow.... those things are evil
if u dont know i work at town fair tire, I HATE THOSE STUPID plastic covers, they break and crack so easily even when you hand tighten them, they get lost, and we get blamed, try vip, pep boys, or autozone, not really sure who whould have those things

Old 12-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Beginning Member
95blackblaze is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have a wrecking yard that does tires near by they usually have a bucket of them, they may just give you a hand full. Worst case just take a walk down the chevy row and pick a few off the the lugs that are still there.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't like messing with them, you can pick up a set of McGard lug nuts in a variety of finishes and configurations. The size you need is M12x1.5. On my Bonneville, I bought the black acorn style lugs so that my winter rims didn't have naked nuts.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:34 AM
theonetrueapex is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help I am going to go to the junk yard tomorrow.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:58 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

call me silly, but I don't know what you guys are talking about. What are these plastic covers you are speaking of...

Old 12-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Administrator

You don't have them as your rims have center caps that cover the lug nuts. For those rims that have exposed lug nuts, GM has small caps that thread onto the outside of the lug nuts to dress them up a bit. Instead of just putting on acorn style lugs in either chrome or black, they put on these little covers.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:04 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds silly.I would just get metal lugnuts, thier cheap enough.