Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

MT or AT

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:09 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: MT or AT

i had really great results in snow and ice with a dunlop radial rover a/t, they didnt look like they would be but i loved them,but if you are set on the bfg, ialso liked the bfg a/t but never really used them in the snow,

Old 07-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I loved Dunlop Radial Rover A/Ts on my old Ram. That thing went through everything that I tossed at it which included muddy feilds with fully loaded hay wagons behind it.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:05 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

get the AT's, especially if you will be mostly on-road.... you wont be disappointed..

Old 07-18-2007, 03:41 PM
sky96744 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was also looking at the Goodyear Wrangler MTR's

Old 07-18-2007, 04:37 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Those are really expensive and do good, but mainly offroad. I would go with the BFG All Terrians if you do a majority of on road driving. Also the Goodyear MTR's would be a lot louder while driving just like the BFG MT's. Just our opinions though. Its your money so if you really like the look of either of the MT's and think you'll use them and that they would be worth the money go for it, but I would personally take the BFG AT's since they will last longer, do just as good, and will be a little more civil for on road driving.

-Lenny

Old 07-18-2007, 11:03 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

This is my buddy's Sierra...

he has the Goodyear Wrangler MTR, actually he is on his third set.... to make a long story short, this truck only has 45,000 miles on it.... 3 sets of MTR's.... it is his DD and he says the tires suck for on-road use and he can't keep it on the road in the rain, he keeps buying them becuase he thinks they look good and has extra $$ to throw around...lol

Old 07-19-2007, 05:38 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

defiately would not have the mtr's they are really loud, they chop really hard when you turn at low speeds, and handling sucks, at 60+ mph your truck starts to sway all over the road.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:24 AM
aris_unlimited is an unknown quantity at this point

I was actually looking at the General Grabber A/T's

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....es&place=8

I compared them to a lot of tires there and they are decently priced (cheaper then the others I was looking at), have a higher warranty, and they were rated fairly close together. Plus they have a slightly more aggressive tread pattern in my opinion.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:06 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: aris_unlimited

I was actually looking at the General Grabber A/T's

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....es&place=8

I compared them to a lot of tires there and they are decently priced (cheaper then the others I was looking at), have a higher warranty, and they were rated fairly close together. Plus they have a slightly more aggressive tread pattern in my opinion.

Those dont look too bad actually. Havent used these specific ones but General makes an ok tire. If ya get a set let us know how they turn out. Who knows, we might have a cheaper alternative to BFG AT's.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:31 PM
mdemers2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

i suggest MT's....I live in Canada,Ottawa and trust me,we have a lot of crazy weater in winter(frezzing rain & snow).I am very happy with MT's.