Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Beginning Member
blazinhigh98 is on a distinguished road
Default Need some advice

Hey guys. I know everyone probably asks this question and i feel bad for starting another thread for this but here I go.

I am looking at buying a set of TSL Super Swamper tires

I have made lift shackles for the rear of my truck. and have cranked the torsion bars up to level out the blazer. there is approx a foot or more from the top rim lip to the fender lip. P.S. I have done the top balljoint flip on the front and the torsion bars are cranked about max and am perfectly aligned.

I am planning on running 32x9.5x15 on the fronts to prevent the rubbing issue i know i had before with a wider tire on the front on stock rims and i am planning to run 32x11.5x15 on the rears.

I have no body lift. and I have not cut the fenders yet. I am not really worried about a bit of rubbing under articulation.

What do you think? Should or will I have to cut the bottoms out of the fenders?

Thanks for your input guys.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:24 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i know when i ran just 31's with a t crank and shackles it was snug on stock wheels.
i think you will need some trimming.
right now i have a 5" lift and 2" body lift all with 33's and i still got some rubbing before i trimmed the fenders...its gonna be tight i think.

maybe someone else can guide you better....

Last edited by warthogdriver; 09-04-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for ur input bud. Im not looking to do the 5 or 6 inch suspension lift as this is still my family vehicle and i dont like being even more top heavy than these already are. im not a hard core wheeler. i like to just occasionally hit some local trails. pull some ppl out and just have a good time riding trails and checkin stuff out. like i said im not hardcore. i dont try and climb rock walls and do wicked articulations so like i said minor rubbing wont bother me. i had 33x12.5x15 on my s10 with the same lift i have in right now and just cut the fender back to the firewall on the fronts and didnt even have to touch the back wheel wells. just looking for some input tho before i slap them on

Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I did a 1.5 inch tbar crank and a 2 inch shackle lift i run 31s 10 inches wide

I had minor rubbing so i trimmed

Might do a body lift in the future

Old 09-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Beginning Member

was ur minor rubbing just at normal driving or heavy articulation?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:45 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

normal when i do sharp turns and hit a bump it would of rubbed on my plastic fender flares

I just trimmed the flares down a bit

Its not even noticeable
Is there any thing a dremal cant do ?

Edit: if you look in my garage you see how close my tires are to the flares i dont off road i just play in the snow a bit

Old 09-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Beginning Member

well i think some Sawzall work is in the future to the bottom of the fenders. haha. I dont like them that much to keep them as is haha.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:54 PM
BF Guru

yes a sawzall would work a dremal and a grinder would do a nice finish to it

Old 09-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Beginning Member

i wish these trucks had more fender between the wheel opening and the firewall. you dont have much room to play with. that is the only thing i do not like about these trucks. other than that i love them

Old 09-04-2011, 09:01 PM
BF Guru

what i hate about these trucks is the rust especially when the body starts to rot

Quick Reply: Need some advice