Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

new blazer, trying to get a bigger size than stock

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:31 AM
Beginning Member
Blazinchevy01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: new blazer, trying to get a bigger size than stock

I got the all terrains, and they FIT! just a little rubbing when i turn the wheel all the way. one bad thing though, i noticed tonight when i got off work that some of the lugnut covers were missing since i first left the tire place. I'll get some of those tomorrow. I had someone ask me earlier today if i had a ZR2. i've gotten numerous complements on the truck already believe it or not. now i need a new project. any suggestions, other than a lift.

Old 05-26-2006, 10:49 AM
cherryred4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds nice, do you have any pictures? The little plastic things will fall off if theyre arent put on tight enough...the tire place probably just put them on finger tight, you have to snug them up a little with a socket and rachet, its 3/4" just like the lugs. I recommend going to the dealership (sigh) and getting some of the locking lug nuts...they have the threads on the outside so you can still use the plastic caps. Theyre made by McGard, so theyre quality.

Your speedometer will be off a little with the 31's, but since you had 235's stock, it shouldnt be significant. I went up 3 sizes and its off by about 5 mph, it reads lower than the actual.

Old 05-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member
Blazinchevy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, i went to the dealership today, and got the plastic lug nuts, or whatever you want to call them while i was getting my oil changed. They only cost $2.60 but the problem was they only had 4. I had five missing. Anywho, i'm going to try to get pics up soon. i'm probably the only person on the forum without a digital camera. Thanks for all your help.

-Philip