Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

New Tires

Old 12-09-2007, 12:19 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New Tires

I am also looking to get some bfg a/t's

Old 12-09-2007, 04:22 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

if you are lookin for an aggressive all terrian tire i have the cooper discoverer s/t which i was told was an all terrain tire from the tire company i got them from. i have almost 20000 miles on them and they still have plenty of grip on them. i paid $125per about 2 yrs ago.

jimmyboy

Old 12-09-2007, 06:46 PM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been looking at BFG M/T's for a while, but they're all expensive of course. I've had these Widetrack Baja A/T tires on my truck for abou a year now and they're still going strong. With all the peal outs and rough driving, the threads are deep enough that I still can't get my finger to the bottom of them.

And what kind of loud are you talking about? That rough *rrrrr* noise? Or that sound of the tires sticking to the road, because my tires used to make that sticking sound, but I think all tires do when they're new.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:02 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

It just sounds like you have a more noticable noise level, like you have an agressive tread tire on (which I do compared to highway allseasons). It probably has diminished a little since I have driven it more than a thousand miles now, but like JHarper said, I have a audio system too which is usually turned up and therefore I dont notice the wind/tire noises. Its a normal noise and isn't real loud unless there is absolutly no sound in your truck. Its no where near the level of noise that trucks with mudders on them have.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:27 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I'm sitting on a set of BFGLong Trail Radials. I don't know how they perform off-road, but I like them for my purposes. These things are glued too!!! Possibly the stickiest tire I've driven other than the GY Forteras on my aunts Tahoe. Dad has the BFG TA ko tires on both his Jeep and his truck, and they are pretty awesome. They are not as glued as the Long Trails, but for an aggressive tire, they ride pretty good and don't make much road noise at all.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Anyone checked out the Cooper Discoverer SSTs? I think thats one of the most aggresive A/Ts Ive seen. I think they look much better than the BFG ATs, but Im not sure about the quality/longevity of the coopers

Old 12-10-2007, 09:44 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R are pretty dang aggressive, but they're $713.16 for 31x10.5x15's and $644.88 for 235/75/15's shipped to 17545 from tirerack.

Tires-easy seems to be a better place for tires though. Same tires for 31's is $585.86 shipped to my zip and $634.57 for 235's shipped. Yes, you read that right, it's more for the 235's on tires-easy than for 31's. There are many threads about how to fit 31's on here, do a search and see if getting the CHEAP 31's off tires-easy would be worth it for you.

EDIT: I like the looks of the Coopers, too. Not sure of wear though.

Are you looking to stay with 235's?

Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

31's wont fit on my blazer unless i lift it, im leaving it stock for now.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:12 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking to stay with 235 for my blazer

Old 12-10-2007, 01:40 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

next time i get new tires i am getting 265/70r15... i have 235/70r15's stock

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Tires