Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

new wheels opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Beginning Member
chevycrazy3690 is on a distinguished road
Default new wheels opinions

im lookin for some new wheels for my blazer with the factory backspacing of 6". So far ive found two that i like but i would loke some more opinions on which of the two to get and if anyone knos of another place to find factory backspaced wheels for a 2000 4x4 blazer i would love to have that link. Im planning on doin 2" shackle and 1.5" t-bar crank so i can fit 31x10.5 r15's. Here are the two that im lookin at now. what do yall think?

Attached Thumbnails new wheels opinions-tu_v36b-protocol_bwc_2.jpg   new wheels opinions-ruff%2520racing_r933_mb_2_w.jpg  
Old 03-25-2010, 02:08 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I like the protocols better than the other ones. Did you find them in our bolt pattern?

Here they are on a Regal. They make the rim look bigger than it is, which is good:

Old 03-25-2010, 06:21 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

you don't need the stock backspacing to run 31's with a tbar crank and shackles I just wouldn't recomend getting anything wider than 8 inches with 4 in backspacing. imo they look more like rims that go on a car. I'd be going for a more tough look since your are trying to lift it. those would look pretty nice on a blazer if it was lowered I think

Old 03-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Beginning Member

so ur sayin i can fit 31's without rubbin with 4" backspacing and nuthin more than 8" wide? If so then thats a whole lot better because i didnt really like the look of stock bckspacing.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:44 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I'll get pics of (what i believe) are one of those 2 rims, ON A BLAZER lol. I see it in town very often.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran

I only rub when I'm offroading and it is minimal. I'd say if you stick with 15x7s and no less than 4" backspacing you shouldn't rub at all. there is not really a big difference in 15x7s and 15x8s when you are looking at them but you will have a little more room in the wheel wells to prevent rubbing. the backspacing makes a big difference in the look of your truck thou. I hated how the stock wheels made the rear end look like a "bubble butt". and even with the different backspacing with the rear wheels you can put spacers so the back wheels are even with the front

Stock look:

vs.
15x8s with 4.5" backspacing

Last edited by Benedict1337; 03-25-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Beginning Member

your blazer looks awesome! now i gotta look for some rims with 4" or more backspacing. Do you kno of places to look?? im dont really want to spend more than $125 per wheel.

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I'll get pics of (what i believe) are one of those 2 rims, ON A BLAZER lol. I see it in town very often.
i would like to see that. thanks

Old 03-25-2010, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran

try summitracing.com and 4wheelparts.com they both have good selections and a lot of different rims in your price range.

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 03-25-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Cleaning up
Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Beginning Member

thanks alot! as you can tell im kinda new i had all of these plans for my blazer about a year ago and found this forum then when i had about $2000 saved up i was going to do all the mods then she decided to randomly misfire and i spent all of that savings to get her running right again. now im bck to doing little mods one at a time. eventually ill have her the way i want.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:14 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Well, if you were still thinking about those protocols... Here's a member's truck with those same wheels.

Quick Reply: new wheels opinions