Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

new wheels opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Beginning Member
chevycrazy3690 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys for all your input I'm pretty sure I kno what I'm gonna do. Most likely I'm gonna go with the protocols with 31" Goodyear wrangler duratracs. Just lik in those pics. This is going to be a long process seeing that I am a freshman in college and jus doin this little by little but I will def post pics of the progress. I love this forum! It's nice to see ppl come together to help one another lik this. Thanks again to all your help!

Old 03-27-2010, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Glad we could help. Good luck, I know the whole school pressures, if it weren't for that my truck'd be getting an entire new paintjob.. not just the rockers...

Old 03-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Starting Member
Dbam31 is on a distinguished road

just to warn ya.
those duratracs are a soft tread tire, meaning that it will wear very fast with lots of daily driving in hot temperatures.
As I have the tire. Although I love them to death, awesome tires.

Post some pics once you get everything

Old 03-28-2010, 12:10 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dbam31
just to warn ya.
those duratracs are a soft tread tire, meaning that it will wear very fast with lots of daily driving in hot temperatures.

thanks for that inside info-good to know.

since i put on a ton of miles every year, i'm gonna be looking for different tires in the Spring instead of those Duratracs.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Starting Member

yah the duratracs are a great snow, and water tire. And would be a great tire for someone who lived in a constanly cold climate, but if not, definently a winter tire.

I will use mine year round, so I expect to be getting tires within a year an a half from now. It's worth it though, I love em.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Dbam31
just to warn ya.

thanks for the heads up. im actually lookin for different tires now because of how fast the tread wears away. any ideas? i want an aggressive look but good treadware. im kinda lookin towards definity dakota m/t's at pepboys. is anyone running this tire? how do you like it?

Old 03-29-2010, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

the pepboys dakota at's have a 40000 mile warrenty. They are good offroad and ride nice on the highway

Old 03-30-2010, 12:50 AM
Starting Member

if you want a good offroad, and on road tire. Get BFG ta ko's. In my opinion, one (or best) at tire out there.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:59 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

With 3.5 to 4 inches of lift, you can run 15 x 10's with a 5.5 backspacing if you also do a little fender trimming... or never go off-road.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:09 AM
Beginning Member

alright guys im all done!!! two inches of lift, rims and tires, painted calipers and underbody!

http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/...zy3690/Blazer/

Quick Reply: new wheels opinions