Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Nitto help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Nitto help.

Hey,
So ive been looking around at some tires (not buying anything anytime soon just getting ideas) and I really like the Nitto Trail Grapplers, and the Nitto Mud Grapplers. In comparision on the site, the Trail Grapplers come out on top, especially for what id be using them for(dd, small trails)

My question is, besides Dan(post too but I want lots) , does anyone have either tire(especially the Trail Grapplers) and if so whats your thoughts on them.

Also, whats the biggest tire I can fit while keeping my stock 15" rim.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:53 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by C.Blazer
Also, whats the biggest tire I can fit while keeping my stock 15" rim.
i guess you're asking on stock suspension & no BL either. there are a few factors involved. some people are saying the can run 31's on stock, but others are saying only 30 x 9.5's will be the max. i know on the 1st gen's, i could run 31 x 10.5's no problem, only rub'd on hard lock when compressing the suspension.

personally though, i think the 30 x 9.5's look funny. to tall and skinny looking for the truck. the 31's fill out nicely, but most people are saying you need the 1 1/2 to 2" t-bar crank (which isn't the greatest for the BJ's) with shackles out back.

it also depends on the tire itself. some have a wider "foot print" (contact patch) than others, which is what's gonna touch on the inner fender/frame rail.

you also didn't say if you were looking into new rims? if the off-set of the rims (if you buy new) aren't the same (ie, less than stock) then they'll sit farther out, causing the rub issue to become greater.

alot of reasearch for you to decide which way you're gonna go, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Old 11-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

Alright so ill post my plans for far far future. I want to pick up a newer blazer(1998+) Following that will be a 3" body lift, 6" suspension lift, THEN tires. Because im spending so much on lifting, I was hoping id be able to keep the rims stock, but after reading up more I discovered if I want the Trail Grapplers, I need 16" rims as thats the smallest they make. That only pushes the plans further as I need to save up for rims too.