Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

noob questions about tire size

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
SirBlazeAlot is on a distinguished road
Default noob questions about tire size

hey im new to the forum but i also have some questions about a few things also.
the first thing i was wondering about was what tire size could i fit on a stock 2 wheel drive 2000 2 door? and if i could crank the torsion keys to get a little lift for more clearance? just wondering if its the same as the early 2000 year f150s? im trying to get a wider stance with some more aggressive tires most likely some bfg all terrains i would like 31s if i could fit them.
and also i am looking to put a posse/ locker in the rear and was wondering what type would be the best bang for my buck? maybe $200-300 range? im no noob to modifying as i am selling my lifted ford f150 that i installed the suspension lift on myself but just unfamiliar with the whole blazer seen as of yet so any help would be much appreciated!
thanks

Old 10-25-2010, 07:26 PM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

this question had been answered many times before in the tire section, as for the posi/locker idk

if you want a wider stances, go to a 4x4 swap out to a ZR2 s10 front and rear axel or wider rim.......cranking the tbars will gain you 1 inch for 4 turns, max that should be put on them would be 1.5inches, to get 31's to fit, a 2 inch body lift or suspension lift is needed (correct me if im wrong)..........max tire size is 30x9.5 on stock

Old 10-25-2010, 07:33 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Let us know how that Tbar crank on a 2WD goes, they use coil springs and short arm/long arm front end on the 2WD trucks. As for the tires, the ones of an F150 would be 2 diff sizes depending if it was a 4x4 or not. Both sizes are going to be too big for your truck to ride on, and the wheels wont just change over either. Just look through some of the guys heres build threads and see what they are using. Most poeple want to lower the 2WD trucks. A mild lowering (2-3 inch) you can do with just spindles and blocks for the rears from someone like Belltech. There isnt really much out there except a body lift to move 2WD trucks up. You may also want to consider against the BFGs, they look cool, but mine have only got about 13K on them and they are done. I dont drive aggressivly. You can find something that will last longer.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:16 PM

thanks! the main reason i want to lift it up is because im gonna be driving in pretty heavy snowfall this winter and without my 4x4 truck this is what im falling back on so i wanted to try to basically get a budget lift like spacers or shackles and then the biggest all terrain tire i could fit. and other then tires the locker would be my most pricey upgrade i think?

Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 AM

yeah cheapest tires i have found were about 100 bucks a peice (around 400-500 bucks)

Old 10-26-2010, 01:23 PM

ok thanks. it kinda blows being a broke college kid tho, because i had the money i would do a sas that thing and make it a 4x4 and throw some 35s on it!

Old 10-26-2010, 02:03 PM

well im a broke colleage aged kid with a baby, best thing ever but if i had the money my truck would be to where i want it lol

Old 01-04-2011, 11:43 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

Blazealot, to answer the second question about the locker issue, check out Richmond Gear called Powertrax, this replaces the spider gears inside of the diff without a full tearapart, plus its in the $300.00 range

Old 01-23-2011, 12:24 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

ok heres my question on this on 30x9.5s will you rub if you run 2wd wheels on your 4x4? mine does. and i dont know if my torsion bars are sagging or not. ive been looking for a correct measurements but havent found them (ie measurement front center of fender well to ground on front and rear. )

Old 01-24-2011, 01:50 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chevytruckdood
ok heres my question on this on 30x9.5s will you rub if you run 2wd wheels on your 4x4? mine does. and i dont know if my torsion bars are sagging or not. ive been looking for a correct measurements but havent found them (ie measurement front center of fender well to ground on front and rear. )
Yeah they probably would. Generally when people say 30's fit fine and 31's with a tbar crank or body lift, they're referring to the stock wheel offset.

31's on 2wd wheels rubbed on mine even with a tbar crank. It wasn't until I hacked the fenders back that I was able to turn without rubbing.

Last edited by mdehoogh; 01-24-2011 at 01:56 PM.

Quick Reply: noob questions about tire size