Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

noob questions about tire size

Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SirBlazeAlot
hey im new to the forum but i also have some questions about a few things also.
the first thing i was wondering about was what tire size could i fit on a stock 2 wheel drive 2000 2 door? and if i could crank the torsion keys to get a little lift for more clearance? just wondering if its the same as the early 2000 year f150s? im trying to get a wider stance with some more aggressive tires most likely some bfg all terrains i would like 31s if i could fit them.
and also i am looking to put a posse/ locker in the rear and was wondering what type would be the best bang for my buck? maybe $200-300 range? im no noob to modifying as i am selling my lifted ford f150 that i installed the suspension lift on myself but just unfamiliar with the whole blazer seen as of yet so any help would be much appreciated!
thanks
for starters, 2WD's don't have torsion keys.

Originally Posted by m3ch
this question had been answered many times before in the tire section, as for the posi/locker idk

if you want a wider stances, go to a 4x4 swap out to a ZR2 s10 front and rear axel or wider rim.......cranking the tbars will gain you 1 inch for 4 turns, max that should be put on them would be 1.5inches, to get 31's to fit, a 2 inch body lift or suspension lift is needed (correct me if im wrong)..........max tire size is 30x9.5 on stock
secondly, ZR suspension components only fit ZR's.

rear diff is wider than a non-ZR 4WD, which is still wider than a 2WD. the ZR's have longer CV's, so they won't fit in a non-ZR 4WD truck.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 AM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Yeah they probably would. Generally when people say 30's fit fine and 31's with a tbar crank or body lift, they're referring to the stock wheel offset.

31's on 2wd wheels rubbed on mine even with a tbar crank. It wasn't until I hacked the fenders back that I was able to turn without rubbing.

well im thinking a 2+2 lift on mine and hoping that ll clear the 30x.9.5s and still look pretty good aqnd im thinking a spacer in the rear so they stick out about even with the fronts.