Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

pictures of wheels!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jerb
well i got my 30x9.5-15 bfgoodrich TA KO's today, waiting for the rims to show up and hopefully get them mounted by the weekend, planning on a very mild t-bar crank and maybe shackles, will post pics, i am planning on some fender trimming, i have flexy flares on the was as well, so hopefully it all works out good, and looks good! i do quite a bit of off-roading in my everyday job so will have to see how it gets around!!!
Awesome! I might have overlooked it, but what wheels did you end up getting?

Originally Posted by a1c_franz96
do you have any problems rubbing or did you have to trim?
Yes and yes. There's some pics [here] or you can PM me if you have any specific questions

Last edited by mdehoogh; 02-07-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Beginning Member
Jerb is on a distinguished road

mdehoogh.....i ordered the blackrock style D wheels, silver outer with a black center, hope they look good on my black blazer!
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Bl...=BRW909S580540

Old 02-08-2011, 10:18 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't wait to see pics of the tires mounted. I am waiting on two of my wheels to show up (damn UPS) and mine are 15x8 with a 4.5" backspacing. I will be adding 2" shackles and cranking the torsion bars a bit and am going to stick with 30x9.5x15's and hope I will get by without rubbing. I should have went with the 15x7's now. Was going to get 31's but decided against totally hacking up my fenders.

Old 02-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Beginning Member

i would have liked to go with 4.5 or even 5 on the backspacing, but that is all that is offered with this wheel, nothing short of being custom made, not alot of wheels that work with this suv, but i figure the added trackwidth will improve handling, hopefully i can get by with no to minimal trimming, but i'm sure with my luck that will not happen, so i am prepared to cut, i will post some pics when i get them installed, and wouldn't ya know it we got 5 inches of snow last night, and my tires are sitting on the porch...lol, waiting on rims! Tim

Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

i just got my tires too and i cant wait to mount them..... im waiting till i do my lift because with my 2wd wheels its rubs when i turn a bit on my 30x9.5s currently on there. ....

Old 02-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Starting Member

Yeah waiting for parts to come in always sucks.

I am undecided between the BFG's or the General Grabber AT2's. The price of the Grabbers appeals to me and it seems they got good reviews. Both tires look fairly similar as well. Let me know how the BFG's work out for you when you get them mounted.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Beginning Member

one thing i did like about the bfg's is the tread life, of all the reviews they seem to last a really long time, i paid about $162 a piece locally with road hazard waranty, and picked them up yesterday, now just need them wheels.....i ordered them from 4wheelparts.com, they had free shipping on wheels, but will definately post pics and give them a good trial!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:40 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

Bfgs all the way~!!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Jerb
one thing i did like about the bfg's is the tread life, of all the reviews they seem to last a really long time, i paid about $162 a piece locally with road hazard waranty, and picked them up yesterday, now just need them wheels.....i ordered them from 4wheelparts.com, they had free shipping on wheels, but will definately post pics and give them a good trial!
Not a bad price at all. Everywhere I have looked the Grabbers are on back order. Going to call a couple of tire places tomorrow to see if they can get some though. If not, I will go with the BFG's.

I ordered my wheels and a couple of other things from 4 wheel parts as well. They were to send 6 packages (4 rims, a pair of Hella 500 driving lights, and a set of Rancho 5000 shocks.) I ordered everything on 1/21. I received the lights, shocks, and TWO rims on 2/4. Just found out today my other two rims are still down in Texas due to "adverse weather conditions". Not sure why they were split up. Hopefully they will be here shortly, ha. Hope you get yours soon!

Old 02-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Beginning Member

well after running my ups tracking numbers on the ups website, my wheels will be here monday evening, so hopefully have them mounted up and the shackle and t-bar and fender trimming done by saturday as well as the flares put on, i will post some pics shortly after, thanks guys for all the info, learned alot on this site already!!