Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Quick Tire fitment question

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 06:12 PM
chuckadian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick Tire fitment question

Alright, I want to put 265/70/15s on my stock 4x4 4 door, and I want to know if they will fit with some torsion cranking or will they rub? If they will rub, what would I need to trim to make them fit?

Or should I just stick with 30x9.5x15 and be happy?

Thanks guys! You haven't let me down yet!

Old 10-12-2007, 12:07 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Quick Tire fitment question

bump. i've got the same question

Old 10-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A 265/70R15 tire is 29.6" OD with a 10.5" wide tread. The problem that you are going to run into is trying to put these on stock width rims. You will probably have trouble with rubbing the inside sidewall of the tire on the frame and mostlikely rubbing the outside edge of the tread on the inner fender, but you may get lucky. Cranking the T-bar won't really help much with the frame rub if they do rub.

The 30x9.5x15 are known to have little to no issue.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:56 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

what about with 1" spacers up front and 2" in the back. i know 30x9.5 will fit, but these are like 30x10.5 which would be wider which is what i want

Old 10-14-2007, 10:41 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Skip the spacers, they create other issues.

Go with the 10.5" wide tire. How often do you crank the steering wheel to full lock? That's how often you wull rub. I never crank my wheel to full lock and if I do I am always going slow. To me that is a non-issue for 99% of the driving I do.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:59 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Hanr3

Skip the spacers, they create other issues.

Go with the 10.5" wide tire. How often do you crank the steering wheel to full lock? That's how often you wull rub. I never crank my wheel to full lock and if I do I am always going slow. To me that is a non-issue for 99% of the driving I do.
i agree. i never turn mine to full lock because mine rub if i do. its something you get used to and you will learn not to turn full lock

Old 10-14-2007, 04:01 PM
BF Veteran

alright i have been on the edge about getting spacers anyway. i have also been planning on cranking the tbar about .5-1" just to kind of level out a little bit. do you think 265/70/15 would rub less with a 1"tbar crank?

Old 11-20-2007, 01:16 AM
Beginning Member
S10 TrailBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

No other input? Anyone got pics of this size at all? I'm considering this size as well on a stock 4dr.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:35 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

what other input do you want?
I have 265/75/R16 (33"x 11.3"x16" tires mounted to firebird rims (16" x8" with 6" of backspacing) and I rub the frame at full crank. That is a wider tire on a wider rim and it rubs, however it only rubs at full crank.

When you do get your tires mounted, get some pics.

Torsion bar crank will not move the tire further from the frame.
To move the tire away from the frame you need a wheel with less backspacing, spacers, or longer control arms. Torison bar crank is changing ride hieght.