Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

the right wheels, rims for the right look!

Old 10-11-2009, 09:05 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kikkegek
So if I am correct, I could also put tires with a bigger diametre and greater width, and still keep the same rims on my Blazer?
Absolutely. Just make sure you get the right R size (rim size) tire...which is 15. Also, don't go above a 30" tire since you will run into rubbing issues on the frame and sway bar.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Starting Member
Zeeke98 is on a distinguished road

Gotta ask, are those factory flares on that? And what are the things on the top of the front bumper?

Old 10-11-2009, 03:08 PM
kikkegek is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Zeeke98
Gotta ask, are those factory flares on that? And what are the things on the top of the front bumper?
flares? if you mean the things on our fenders. I really dont know! You like them?

the things on the front bumpers spray washer fluid when the lights are on and I spray the front window. They clean the lights!

this is what we would like:

they dont need to be mudd wheels, but the size is right!

Last edited by kikkegek; 10-11-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Starting Member

I thought maybe they were headlight washers since most European countries require them. We don't get those nice flares on the 4 doors here. I would have loved a set when I had my 4 door.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:22 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Kikkegek just to clarify.. You can get any tire you like for any type of rim, as long as the (R) size of the tire is the same size of your rim. For example, your rim is 15" tall and 7" or 8" wide. As Alex (Sisk) said, you can go up to a 30x9.5R15 at stock height on Blazers without getting a lift. But seeing as how the 30x9.5 tire is obviously 30" tall (above stock specifications), you will not want to go any wider of a tire then 9.5" without a lift or you may see some rubbing issues.

To sum it up, get some 30x9.5R15 All-Terrain tires and some 1" or 2" adapters and you should be happy

Old 10-11-2009, 05:21 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I thought maybe they were headlight washers since most European countries require them. We don't get those nice flares on the 4 doors here. I would have loved a set when I had my 4 door.
Those flares would be the equivalent of our ZR2 flares here. They come stock on ZR2's.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Sisk
Those flares would be the equivalent of our ZR2 flares here. They come stock on ZR2's.

Uhh yeah, I know what a ZR2 is, but there is no 4 door ZR2 and that is a stock height 4x4 4 door with the flares. I wonder why they were never offered as an option on US trucks.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:04 AM

they are indeed, thats what I tried to explain. They are headlight washers.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by okvortec
Kikkegek just to clarify.. You can get any tire you like for any type of rim, as long as the (R) size of the tire is the same size of your rim. For example, your rim is 15" tall and 7" or 8" wide. As Alex (Sisk) said, you can go up to a 30x9.5R15 at stock height on Blazers without getting a lift. But seeing as how the 30x9.5 tire is obviously 30" tall (above stock specifications), you will not want to go any wider of a tire then 9.5" without a lift or you may see some rubbing issues.

To sum it up, get some 30x9.5R15 All-Terrain tires and some 1" or 2" adapters and you should be happy
oke. But 9,5 x 25,4 = 241,3 mm width. We now have 235 tires, so a 9,5 would not bring a noticeable difference. I might want to look into those adapters, but I am still a little bit afraid about the stories of unequal wearing of the bearings and other stuff. I cannot find anything about it, to confirm that 1 or 2" adapters will not mather. got any site I can read?

Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the right wheels, rims for the right look!