Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

spacers

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:33 AM
PittBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spacers

hey here is a question i have been pondering..... Already got 30x9.5x15 and really don't wanna shell out the additional dollars for wider tires as mine are still in very good shape and condition. But I was thing about putting spacers on the front and rear to get the wide look. anyone have any oponions about with kind to use?

Old 02-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: spacers

I don't have any advice on what brand is better than another because I would never use spacers. Reason, they add stress to the bearings causing premature wear. Just my $.02

Old 02-27-2007, 11:25 AM
PittBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the .02 though

Old 02-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Spacers are completely fine as long as you don't go too far out. They're no different than adding aftermarket rims with less backspacing, and, with our bolt pattern, they're way better most of the time.

Get them from completevalue on ebay. He makes the best spacers and has great customer service.

Old 02-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Starting Member
mudsliner is an unknown quantity at this point

i got mine off of ezaccessory.com. i gotthe 2inch.
here a picture of mine with them on.
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p...Picture008.jpg

Old 02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
fergi014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Mudsliner nice looking truck. Are they stock rims. If so are the spacers hard to install. I want that look for my truck.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

Take your tire off, put the spacer where the tires would go(torque them with the bolts), then reinstall tires as usual.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:10 AM
fergi014 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Mudsliner any noise or vibration from your spacers

Old 02-28-2007, 01:03 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Mudslinger,
Are you running 30" tires and the spacers. Got any tire rub?

Old 02-28-2007, 02:20 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

If you buy quality spacers, you won't have to worry about vibration or anything. I've had 4 different sets of spacers (1.25", 1.25", 1.3" and 3"), and haven't had one problem with any of them.

Quick Reply: spacers